The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Texas!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) Hi Ya'll!

My name is Bryanna, and I am a total bibliophile! They really should AA types meetings for people like me and my books! I am always reading, usually a couple of books at a time as well as listening to an audio book or two.

I have an extremely eclectic love for all genres and am currently reading/listening to a murder mistery by Steve Berry, a presidential biography on Abe Lincoln, one of the Harry potter year 5, and a linguistic book on racial slurs. (Sadly enough my IPOD is the same way with every kind of music possible.)

Can't wait to read and discuss with ya'll!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9861 comments Mod
Hi Bryanna
Welcome to the group! We love to meet other bibliophiles, so jump on in and get to posting :)

message 3: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Welcome! If your eclectic then your posts will be all over. That's always fun.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments Welcome!!! :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) | 859 comments Ha! You sound a lot like me. And I just finished a really great book on Abe Lincoln "The Case of Abraham Lincoln: A Story of Adultery, Murder and the Making of a Great President." I highly recommend it. I am also reading a book right now called "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, Revised and Updated Edition." It is really enlightening too. If you read that one though, I just have to point out that there is a revised edition that just came out in 2008, so make sure you get that one!

And welcome (from a fellow newbie)!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Bryanna!

And Rachel that book on Lincoln sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Bryanna, This is a great group to be a part of ... I would say you are in good company being a bibliophile. :~)

message 8: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Bryanna, Welcome!!
Love that word "bibliophile". Reminds me of the little ditty my dad used to say:

See you later, educator.
After a while, bibliophile.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Hi Bryanna & welcome!

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and welcome.

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 158 comments Yeah, that book on Abe Lincoln does sound intriguing. Need to check that one out. I'm from Texas also. The Dallas area.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) | 859 comments It is a really fascinating book. It doesn't take you through the presidential election, but some of the things that were going on in his life at the time that increased his public presence enough to run for president. Including the organization of the Republican Party, which was incredibly interesting.

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!

message 14: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Welcome Bryanna! You are sure you want AA meetings? I mean, we don't have a problem, right?

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather (hsditto) Hi Bryanna! You are in great company here...we're all book addicts! Glad to have another one in the fold. I'm from Texas too, the Dallas area.

Hey Suzanne!!!! I'm in Lewisville too! Howdy neighbor :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Bryanna & welcome to the group!

message 17: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 158 comments Heather wrote: "Hi Bryanna! You are in great company here...we're all book addicts! Glad to have another one in the fold. I'm from Texas too, the Dallas area.

Hey Suzanne!!!! I'm in Lewisville too! Howdy neighb..."

I actually live in Highland Village, HOWDY!!

message 18: by Petra-X (new)

Petra-X (mona-lisa-with-eggs) Hi there Bryanna, welcome