Gideon's Corpse (Gideon Crew #2) Gideon's Corpse discussion

Tie in with Pendergast series?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Josh Reinhard Obviously, Gideon Crew and Agent Pendergast inhabit the same literary universe, as Eli Glinn has been featured in a book or two of the Pendergast series. But will there be any other characters popping up along the way? In Gideon's Corpse I thought there were a few times when certain characters might have shown themselves, but did not. When Gideon and Fordyce flew to Santa Fe, I thought they might have bumped into Nora Kelly, who returned there after the death of her husband. Also, at the end of the book, Gideon took a walk through a busy park. I thought it might have been the same park where Pendergast went to meet his long lost wife at the end of Cold Vengeance. Alas to no avail. Perhaps, we may yet see Gideon join forces with the pale, FBI agent in the future.

Beverley Albright Josh wrote: "Obviously, Gideon Crew and Agent Pendergast inhabit the same literary universe, as Eli Glinn has been featured in a book or two of the Pendergast series. But will there be any other characters popp..."

Boy, you have given this some thought! And you have given me something to think about. I recoginzied characters, but did not think about a cross over. The two geniuses of Preston and Child will probably amaze us all in the end.

Tomerobber I think they're tired of the characters they've been living with for some time now and wanted to try something new . . . I believe they alluded to that on their website.

Beverley Albright I have not visited the website and shame on me. But with the talent these 2 have then more new characters are fine by me. Just hope they don't forget the older characters, too. So a cross over would be the perfect way to do both. Would love to see it. Would it be more in the vein of Pendergast or Gideon?

Evan Hammerman The world is large enough that Agent Pendergast and his friends do not have to get involved with Gideon Crew and his friends.

At some point both series feel a little strained. It would be a major suspension of belief to have the characters interact.

Kirby I think Gideon should get to meet Pendergast before he dies! :D

message 7: by Ken (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ken Pelham Eli Glinn first appeared in THE ICE LIMIT, a non-Pendergast novel. Not that that has anything to do with anything...

I miss Smithback...he also was in non-Pendergast books, and was always one of my favorite characters.

Sheila Cottrill i love these two authors. I have read everything they have written together and seperately BUT I have to say I really didnt enjoy these books about Gideon Crew. I listened to them on my ipod so maybe that influenced my dislike. He just seemed so I don't know, just blah!!

A.R. Voss I agree with almost everyone here. I'm not a huge fan of Gideon's stories, but it would be fantastic if he meets and works with Pendergast in the next book. I'm not sure if the authors would go that rout, considering they are starting this series to gear more towards film and TV; but it would be great.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Gideon's Corpse (other topics)