Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) Peter and the Starcatchers discussion

Captain Hook

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole Watching the Disney cartoon Peter Pan, as I got older, I started to feel a little sorry for Captain Hook. Peter Pan was SO GOOD at teasing him and making him look like a fool. I mean, the poor man was a sobbing mess of frayed nerves! I thought, "If I were Captain Hook, I'd like to kill Peter Pan, too!" But this book really puts things into perspective ;) and once again, I love to hate that pirate!

message 2: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay It is always fun to hate pirates, which is why everyone loves them so much. You do feel a bit sorry but Black Stache is so ruthless that there is no room left for pity.Except for the fact that he is greedy which is a pretty human trait so who knows????

Sella Malin I feel the same way. In the movie I felt a little sorry for Hook, but in this book it allows no sympathy for Stache.

Katie I always liked peter the best! I love this series! Im on the third book!

MizziQ I love Peter. But I also sympathize with Hook. His first instinct is to kill and "THIS BOY!" is dropping coconuts on his head! Haha! I will always love Peter but I agree with Nikki.

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! IDK, I've never felt any sympathy for Hook. I always routed for Peter in the cartoon, I always saw Hook as a mean adult who bossed everyone around, was mean and yelled too much, so I thought Peter had a very good reason to play tricks on him, lol. :)

MizziQ Good reason but I think that Hook was oblivious to his reasons. He just felt the coconuts...then it all went dim..lol:)

message 8: by Arti (new)

Arti i loved this book! i totally hink that Molly and Peter should get together befor she grows up.

MizziQ She already did. :(

message 10: by Arti (new)

Arti in which book???? I havn't read the second, and the other ones. They didn't even kiss! That stupid mermaid kissed Peter

MizziQ haha! in the recent one. the sword of... something?

MizziQ The next books are even BETTER! Hope you enjoy!

message 13: by Arti (new)

Arti i probably will!!!!!!!

message 14: by Arti (new)

Arti TikiPaws12 wrote: "haha! in the recent one. the sword of... something?"

?

MizziQ I forgot the name. It's called "The sword of"... I forget. :) sorry

message 16: by Arti (new)

Arti in the first?

MizziQ NOOOOOOOOO! the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!

MizziQ in the 4TH BOOK! EVERYBODY GROWS UP IN THE SWORD OF.... I FORGET THE FULL NAME. IM SORRY

message 19: by Arti (new)

Arti dont tell me! i havnt read it

MizziQ not any more. I promise. :)

message 21: by Arti (new)

Arti thanks! :)

MizziQ yup! no problem. youll really like the other books!!!

message 23: by Arti (new)

Arti I KNOW!!!! I NEED TO READ THEM!! I HAVNT GONE TO THE LIBRARY YET!!!!

MizziQ GO! As soon as you can! :) They're awesome. I hope they write more!

message 25: by Arti (new)

Arti IKR!

MizziQ :)

message 27: by Arti (new)

Arti HEHE

message 28: by Aram (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aram I love that BOOk :D

Naomi It's called the Sword of Mercy. I'm on the third one. A while ago when I first saw the cover of Peter and the shadow thieves I thought it was Wendy and some weird ghost was jumping out of the Darlings bedroom! They're great books. I keep having dreams about flying!

Gracie I love this series can someone tell me what the second book is called?

message 32: by Brooklyn (new) - added it

Brooklyn MizziQ wrote: "I forgot the name. It's called "The sword of"... I forget. :) sorry"

The Sword of Mercy. Am I really the only one that knows that?

message 33: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam no you are not

message 34: by Emily (last edited Apr 16, 2014 05:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily I love Captain Hook.
The end of Peter and the Shadow Thieves is super funny. I have pretty much recommend that you read the full series. If you like Captain Hook, read this: Capt. Hook: The Adventures of a Notorious Youth.