Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > Need a name for secret organization

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (last edited Jan 16, 2009 07:35PM) (new)

Claire (clairemoelis) my stories set in the future and I need a name for a CIA/FBI like organization except it basically controls all humans on Earth. The organization is primarily "evil", but wants to present a face that is caring and wants the best for all. any ideas? to see what my story is go to http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...
the only hint of the organization in my story so far is operatives called Superintendents. again, read the story to find out what they're like. thanks for your help ill put my favorite suggestions below.

Ideas:
New World Intelligence
International Security and Protection

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 49 comments I'd be glad to read the story, but the link doesn't work. Are you sure you posted it?

Anyway, for a (presumably) malevolent, all-controlling organization, you want something that sounds like they're intentionally trying to sound benevolent and not evil. Soo, something like:
Stewards of the Earth
International Security and Protection
Servants of The People
Eternal Safety
New World Intelligence
People's Agency for Freedom

New World Intelligence is the best I got right now. I hope this helps!

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) Margaret,
I like your ideas. My favorite is 'International Security and Protection'. It sounds so official and it abbreviates to ISP which sounds powerful. Yes, they might want to sound benevolent, but for sure they would want to sound powerful.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 49 comments thanks!

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Intelligence and Control
National Protection

idk.... sorry! :D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

idk...

message 7: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Jan 19, 2009 12:01AM) (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
I really like 'New World Intelligence.' That just flows very nicely...and the initials are awesome, NWI!! XD

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller kewl