The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > i think i found it...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerald (new)

Gerald | 3 comments I am reading Shelterball by DG Mago and it could be the next big one. What do you think?

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9862 comments Mod
Gerald, I relocated this to the Wanna Discuss folder, cause it looks like you wanna discuss it....

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessikareads) I dunno, Lori...this kinda looks like spam. Gerald, you posted just about the same thing in four groups. And only you and the author have read the book you're talking about...hmm...

message 4: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Noo! really Jess????? :-))

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9862 comments Mod
Well, lets let him ride it out and give you an answer. No reply and we'll smack upside the head with SPAM!!!

message 6: by Gerald (new)

Gerald | 3 comments Relax, it is not spam. It is a new book and i am enjoying it, that's all.

message 7: by Andrew (last edited Jan 18, 2009 05:29AM) (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) | 509 comments Gerald....I would say this does constitute as SPAM because, you've posted the same comment in two groups and its the first comment in both.....amd like other people said...you're the only other person reading it other then the author...

message 8: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 58 comments Andrew, you bring up an interesting point. (At least, I think you do.)

All over the internet, people belong to groups. Lots of groups. Inevitably some other people with similar interests also belong to the same groups, but the groups aren't exact duplicates.

So, someone might ask the same question (such as "What shall I cook my new boyfriend on our first date in my house?") in four or five different places. If you happen to frequent all those places too, it can be a bit irritating. One might even feel that the questioner doesn't trust group A's answers.

But, is that spam?

Of course, if Gerald is the G in DG Mago... then my defense of his right to ask people in more than one group to chat about a book he's enjoying hits the wall.

Grin!

Rowena Cherry

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) | 509 comments Rowena, I have never really thought about it that way. So thank you for bringing that prespective to it. :)