Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general) > Writing Challenge?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Ok so I know how much we love reading and I figured a few of us like to write stories ourselves or when we're reading our favorite book and fantasizing all types of stories b/t you and the sexy Hero as going through your head. Well I got this neat idea to start a Writing Challenge. Actually it's two. One would be an

Add-A-Chapter Challenge- In this challenge we'd vote on a topic to write about (i.e. Vamp/Weres) Each member would turn in a chapter that immediately picks up where another chapter left off(i.e member two's story following with the scheme/plot of member one's chapter) The last member would have the duty of wrapping up the story. Of course we'd have to vote on who goes 1st, 2nd, etc and of course some guidelines would have to be set on how long a chapter would be maybe 5-10 pages

Writing Challenge two
Amatuer Anthology- Just like the first challenge we'd vote on a theme/themes then each member would write a short story,about the themes picked,of their own.
If anyone is interested just let me know and I'll flesh the concept out more with guidlines (i.e maxmium pages, content.etc)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 367 comments Good idea, Jael. I like the add-a-chapter idea, but I agree with Yz that 5-10 pages is a lot for most (beginning) writers. I tinker around with my own book ideas, and doing more than a page or two takes serious time.

If there's interest, do you think it would be worth having people post how many pages they think they could handle? I could probably do 2-3 pages, assuming that work or family issues don't keep me from writing.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I like this idea but my ideas come in forms of various notes. I can write several pages or just a paragraph or 2. Let me know how you plan to run this.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) that was just an example.I couldn't write 5-10 pages either. I was thinking 1to5. really the guidelines ould be an general agreement b/t participants.

message 5: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Jael,

Btw, Kenjii has her own writing group, if you need another place to exercise your writing urges..I just discovered it yesterday..I'ts called DareYouToLook.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) thanks YZ I think I'll go look it over and join.

A Filthy Youth groupie | 24 comments Both writing challenges would be fun!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) LOL I actually forgot about this challenge(bad me) :) well since the comp is still in the shop I'm using my mothers comp to come on.

message 9: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 23, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Jael if you want to add my link to Dare you to look. That group is already made to address writing challenge. Individual or group. Plus adding your own stories. Let me know if this works for ya !

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Kenjii that sounds like a great idea since I haven't had time to develop this challenge and my comp being broken didn't help much.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Hey Jael: Missed you! Hope you can help develop some new starter stories or add some of your own =D

Dare you to look

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/8...

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael)
I can't wait to see what I come up with I've been blocked with my own story for awhile

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 407 comments I joined your group Kenjii and wrote my first piece!!

I put it in the romance group story! I am excited to see how this story will turn out.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I think this will be neat. I thought "What if we get suggestions/scenarios to put the characters in?" That would help. Hehe. Thanks for joining Tricia, what fun!

While romance is what I love reading. Writing it is a bitch. LOL. I will do my best.