The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Michelle (literarilyspeaking1) I know this group hasn't been in existence for a terribly long time, but I just joined this month and, in trying to help vote for the book, I found it a bit difficult to know which books have been read by the group and which haven't. I know this will only get more difficult as time goes on.

Could we maybe open a thread (one of the admins, maybe?) with a list of books which the group has read so that we can all see what to choose and what not to choose each month?

Just an idea!

message 2: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Hi Michelle...

On the club's book shelf, as in your own shelves, the books are listed as "read," "currently-reading," and "to-read." For right now that's how we all know.

I get your request and have a spread sheet with all the books for the club on it. I could update it each month and offer it to anyone who would like to look at it when we are voting. (It's much easier to see all the books that way and you can choose to view them by title, author, or status.) As of right now we have 178 books listed, so it would be a lot of work to get them all in a post - and actually, it would likely take several posts because of the character limitations.

I have made some requests for groups to Otis (the administrator to the site) and I know that this weekend there are going to be some functional additions to the group sites. Once that is done, I can request that there be options on the club bookshelves to accommodate this. How does that sound?

One of the things I requested and is supposed to be added this weekend is "folders" for the group threads. This way one can go to the folder for book topics and more easily see what we have discussed as well. (I suggested it so that we can separate our book threads, GG threads, and random threads... and more easily find what we need.)

If you think you'd still like a post for the list, let me know as I am willing to do it. I just think it might get lost in there. Let me know if you like the options I suggested!

Michele

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Michelle (literarilyspeaking1) I didn't even know that the books on the group's shelf could be marked "read." I thought they were just a general mish-mash.

Thanks for the tip!