The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > I'm new too

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brent (new)

Brent | 19 comments Didn't want to be the only one not to announce myself. So, HELLO everybody. I truly am a newbie and never spent much time reading anything. I plan on changing that and will hopefully find a lot of great books to read. I'm really not sure why I never tried reading more but oh well I guess I'll just play catch up. (It's never too late right? I'm sure I've heard that from somewhere).

message 2: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Brent, welcome and happy reading. You can find anything here, from the sublime to the ridiculous, and no, it is never, ever too late to start reading!

message 3: by Brent (new)

Brent | 19 comments Hayes wrote: "Hi Brent, welcome and happy reading. You can find anything here, from the sublime to the ridiculous, and no, it is never, ever too late to start reading!"

I knew it. Thanks man

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome! :) You will definitely find lots of good books by talking to everyone here. I'm excited for you! :) Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Hi Brent.
You are right. Never too late. Thanks for joining, and jump on that book bandwagon.... You wont regret it!

Petra is in abeyance on hiatus, just not here much (petra-x) Hi there Brent. Glad you are getting into books :-)

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Brent...welcome to the group :~)

message 8: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 134 comments Welcome, Brent!

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome, Brent.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Welcome!

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Brent!

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Books-the stuff of life! Welcome.

message 13: by Jon (new)

Jon Hi Brent, hows it going

message 14: by Brent (new)

Brent | 19 comments Lori wrote: "Hi Brent.
You are right. Never too late. Thanks for joining, and jump on that book bandwagon.... You wont regret it!"

Hey Lori and everybody else. Thanks for the warm welcome. I Just finished reading "A Dirty Job" and did it over the weekend when I could have been out doing something else. However, I found myself not wanting to put the book down. I'm looking forward to my next read but unsure as to what it will be right now.

I've actually been looking at the humble moderators picks and seen several I think I will be checking out.

Keep the recommendations coming.

message 15: by Brent (new)

Brent | 19 comments Jon wrote: "Hi Brent, hows it going"

Not too bad man. Read a new book and really enjoyed it so thats really cool and after reading a little bit about "The Bone People" I plan on putting it in my to-read list.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Brent! Cool name, Welcome!

message 17: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Welcome, Brent. You will get lots of ideas for books to read in TNNBC.

message 18: by Jon (new)

Jon Im in the middle of the Bone people and loving it

message 19: by Brent (last edited Jan 20, 2009 07:37AM) (new)

Brent | 19 comments Fiona wrote: "Don't worry Brent. We're a group of book pushers so you're likely to find yourself reading something, even if you don't realise it.

I love the feeling of sitting down and reading, knowing you coul..."

Well I don't really know what kind of books I like. I think I'll like anything as long as the author knows how to write. Like when you can clearly see whats going on in the story, (you know what I mean). Like "A Dirty Job", not something I would have picked up on my own or thought I would like and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not really into vampire stuff but have had several recommendations. I'm either going to read "Skipping Christmas" of "The Four Last Things" next. We'll see how it goes : )

message 20: by Brent (last edited Jan 20, 2009 10:09AM) (new)

Brent | 19 comments :)) Cute Fiona. I know, I know, I said I was going to read The Four Last Things next. But it does seem a little too serious. So even though I might not read it next I will definitely give it a try. But now is this a book that you did read or wanting a ginny pig for?
Θ . Θ

message 21: by Brent (new)

Brent | 19 comments Well I'd say not at all.
How about this? It will either be next or next after next. And seeing how you have highly recommended it, I might just go head and read it next.

message 22: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!