Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > Mysteries You Are Looking Forward to Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lawriter (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Lawriter | 13 comments I'm looking forward to reading Stephen J. Cannell's Three Shirt Deal. The video book trailer looks pretty cool: http://www.threeshirtdeal.com/

message 2: by Rob (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Rob McMonigal I have the Hugh Laurie book on my library shelf, waiting to get to it. I hear it's quite good, and I am a big fan of Laurie's acting work.

-Rob

message 3: by Sean (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Sean Little (seanpatricklittle) Hugh Laurie's "The Gun Seller" is a great read. It's very much in the same vein as Carl Hiaasen or Dave Barry's work.

Hugh Laurie--one of the best actors on TV...a musician who plays several instruments...a great comic...a writer...

It should be illegal for people to be that talented.

message 4: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 10 comments I'm looking forward to reading Laurie King's The Bee Apprentice which I just bought.

Also, Steve Berry's The Alexandria Link, which is sitting in my night stand.

message 5: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 10 comments I'm looking forward to reading Jass by David Fulmer. The second in his New Orleans series. The first one is called Chasing the Devil's Tail. It was very well written and very good. I made the mistake, however, of telling my husband about them. Now I'm the one waiting to read his book. I would highly recommend his books.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) The new Elizabeth George.

message 7: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 10 comments I'm currently reading The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. What a fun read. I looking ahead at the second book and licking my lips. This lady just writes a fun book. I hope she keeps it up.

message 8: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 28 comments I just read the first three books of Nancy Martin's Blackbird sisters and I want to finish the rest. How To Murder a Millionaire, Dead Girls Don't Wear Diamonds and Some Like it Lethal

Also, I read the first Meg Langslow book, Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews

And... the first book in this dead series, Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

My biggest accomplishment from last year was reading 10 books in a series with only 2 left to go of a 14 book spree by Stuart Woods. I love his character Stone Barrington!

I have the Spellman Files and plan to read it soon!

I want to read Jan Burke's, Irene Kelly books but I have so many series I have to finish.

message 9: by Sfdreams (new)

Sfdreams | 12 comments Hey Magpie! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Donna Andrews, Jan Burke, and Charlaine Harris!!!

I will have to check out your other authors: Nancy Martin and Stuart Woods.

Who is the Spellman Files by??

message 10: by Ali (new)

Ali | 3 comments The Spellman Files is by Lisa Lutz, the second book is called Curse of the Spellmans.

I'm looking forward to I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming, Murder on Bank Street by Victoria Thompson, The September Society by Charles Finch and In a Dark Season by Vicki Lane.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I'm looking forward to The Spellman Files too as a friend of mine really enjoyed it. Also, Thyme of Death and the rest in the series by Susan Wittig Albert.

message 12: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 21 comments I am soooo looking forward to I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming; that's the one series that I'm always on the edge of my seat, waiting for.I've got The Spellman Files and I will read that one soon.

message 13: by Terry (new)

Terry Ray | 3 comments I'm looking forward to Dennis Lehane's Shutter Island. I've read all the Kenzie novels and Mystic River (loved them all). Can't wait for this one.

I'm also looking forward to the new Ace Atkins book Wicked City. I've read all his others and they're great.

message 14: by Mich (new)

Mich knowing what i know about Lehane's book Shutter Island, i think i would have to drop everything today, get the book and just READ IT!

ENJOY!

message 15: by Debra (new)

Debra (debrapurdykong) | 37 comments I've heard a lot of good things about Julia Spencer-Fleming, and it sounds like many of you are fans. Should I start at the beginning of this series, and if so, what's the name of her first book?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) The new Matthew Shardlake mystery, when it comes out in the U.S. Amazon is saying NOVEMBER.

message 17: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 21 comments ABSOLUTELY start with the first book in Julia-Spencer-Fleming's series, Debra. It's called In the Bleak Midwinter, and is followed by A Fountain Filled With Blood , Out of the Deep I Cry,To Darkness and to Death,and All Mortal Flesh. The newest book, I Shall Not Want, comes out in June.

This is definitely a series that should be read in order, because of the developing relationships between the characters.