Team Twilight discussion

General > A different director for Eclipse...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:43AM) (new)

Stephanie Mangold Headed for Twilight’s Eclipse?

Summit Entertainment is in talks with director James Mangold to helm Eclipse, the third adaptation in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series. That’s according to Production Weekly who announced the news this morning.
Mangold is the man behind Girl, Interrupted (lots angsty gals in that one), Walk the Line and 3:10 to Yuma. Again, it’s not confirmed he’s locked to direct, but if and when it is we’ll let you know.

Summit is currently gearing up New Moon, based on book two, with Chris Weitz at the helm. Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are confirmed to star.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that all the movies will be done by different directors????

message 2: by Christina♥ , ♥super duper lover of TWILIGHT and oh yeah Edward is mine!♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 3132 comments Mod
YES I DO! u know its like Harry Potter...like the first 2 harry potter movies were done by the same director and now like its all different directors...haha its not good!

message 3: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i dont really like it...it makes it kinda weird

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) They're already thinking about NEW DIRECTORS??? We haven't even seen this guy's work with Twilight-Movies...what if he's good?? And I ttly agree about the Harry Potter thing..the first two were good..the third was ok..and then they all just starte to suck..and go so-oh different from the book.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

well i thnk they sucked because the books got longer and it made it harder to put 700 page books into 2 hours plus the directors sucked they added things that shouldn't have been there

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Yep..Part of why I cannot wait for the 7th one. Its going to be divided into Two movies.

message 7: by Christina♥ , ♥super duper lover of TWILIGHT and oh yeah Edward is mine!♥ (new)

i know!

the first 2 movies were the bestest! :D

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1348 comments ik!!! i loved theM! and the 5th book was one of my faves and the movie sucked!!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Ok they are saying that this is not true...

A report tying Washingtonville film director James Mangold to the third installment of the “Twilight” saga “Eclipse,” has been called false by a studio official.
Paul Pfluge, head of corporate communications for Summit Entertainment - which controls the “Twilight” property - said a report by trade publication Production Weekly that said Summit was “in talks” with the director were “not accurate.”
Mangold, who directed Angelina Jolie and Reese Witherspoon to Oscars for “Girl, Interrupted” and “Walk the Line,” respectively, graduated from Washingtonville High School in 1981. His last film was the western remake “3:10 to Yuma” with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.

Universal Pictures announced last week that Mangold was attached to direct and produce “Juliet,” a upcoming novel by Danish author Anne Fortie, about a young girl who might be the descendant of Romeo and Juliet.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

haha thats so true.

message 11: by Christina♥ , ♥super duper lover of TWILIGHT and oh yeah Edward is mine!♥ (new)

i totally agree!!!!!

JUST MAKE THE FREAKING MOVIES GOOD! :D is all i care about!

message 12: by Veronica (last edited Jan 15, 2009 08:21PM) (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 1186 comments Mod
lol. yess Carol!! i support u! :P
anyway, its better if that series movie hv the same director, so the taste is same..
Except the director not really good for the first one, so u can change it. that make sense right?