twilight lovers! discussion

Eclipse Movie > New Director for Eclipse

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:43AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Mangold Headed for Twilight’s Eclipse?

Summit Entertainment is in talks with director James Mangold to helm Eclipse, the third adaptation in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series. That’s according to Production Weekly who announced the news this morning.
Mangold is the man behind Girl, Interrupted (lots angsty gals in that one), Walk the Line and 3:10 to Yuma. Again, it’s not confirmed he’s locked to direct, but if and when it is we’ll let you know.

Summit is currently gearing up New Moon, based on book two, with Chris Weitz at the helm. Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are confirmed to star.

Does anyone find it disturbing that all the movies will be done by different directors???

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments YES! Exactly my opinion!

message 3: by Christina C. (new)

Christina C. | 72 comments i agree but the harry potter movies were also done by different directors and they turned out great

message 4: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments I was gonna refer to that. The fifth left out alot, but it was still good. All of them. But then again, those were different directors. Weitz made the Golden Compass really good. Compared to the book, it was bad, but in general I was really impressed.

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade Well, ID think the Harry Potters turned out the best they could. You could tell they were done by different actors.

message 6: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:21AM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Different actors?

I hope that the rest of the Twilight Saga is good too. But Breaking Dawn can not be a movie. It would be too hard to make.

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade OOps, sorry, I meant different directors.

I AGREE, it would be to hard to make.

message 8: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments And finding a Nessie would be mission impossible...... but adorable!

message 9: by Jade (new)

Jade You mean like, 10 Nessies........ It would be adorable though.

message 10: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (Thetanvampire) | 176 comments lol yeah!
i think they'll make it, but it'll be awful compared to the book.

message 11: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i agree

message 12: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Ok they are saying this is not true....

A report tying Washingtonville film director James Mangold to the third installment of the “Twilight” saga “Eclipse,” has been called false by a studio official.
Paul Pfluge, head of corporate communications for Summit Entertainment - which controls the “Twilight” property - said a report by trade publication Production Weekly that said Summit was “in talks” with the director were “not accurate.”
Mangold, who directed Angelina Jolie and Reese Witherspoon to Oscars for “Girl, Interrupted” and “Walk the Line,” respectively, graduated from Washingtonville High School in 1981. His last film was the western remake “3:10 to Yuma” with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.

Universal Pictures announced last week that Mangold was attached to direct and produce “Juliet,” a upcoming novel by Danish author Anne Fortie, about a young girl who might be the descendant of Romeo and Juliet.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah omg, i get too uppity about this kind of news because it's like they're mutilating my dream/obssesion!!! i just hope that they won't change directors again, i could barely handle the switch from hardwick to weizt(sp?)!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Jade (new)

Jade I agree with Hannah, this is getting way confusing.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie Another director?!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, they have a new one for each film. They think the books are so different, that different directors don't make a huge difference. I just hope they bring back some female influece, they have to think about their target audience here.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya that's what I was worried about with Chris that it would loose some feminine romance