Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Fun & Games > In a rut....

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I can relate I usually give it a break and try a couple book from another genre and then I go back to reading the genre I left. It usually works out great for me. You just have to switch it up since most books in the PNR genre have related themes/plots/names. It get very confusing after a while.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Oh I never want to not shop for books, I just start picking up different ones. I think that's why my TBR is ever growing. When I'm in a rut I pick out books from another genre read about 2 than go back to PNR?UF and then the next time I'm in a rut I just buy more books from another genre without having read all the ones from my previous rut. LOL I hope that made since to you b/c it really doesn't to me :)

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
I been there before and it sucks :(

I try switching genres and such when I find that happening to me.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess I hate when I start getting tired of certain books. That's what happened to me before I got into PNR and UF, I was reading straight fiction and classics.. I got bored and picked up a Sherrilyn Kenyon book and then I became a maniac! lol.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Kathy wrote: "I follow ya :D

About the only genres I can't get into are the heavier sci-fi (if I can't pronounce a character's name, then I won't read the books) and westerns."

Yeah if I can't pronoucne the names I'm not reading it it takes away from the story b/c I'm stuck trying to pronounce it correctly.