The Book Challenge discussion

a-m > Carrie's (WEAK) 2009 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriefinke) | 4 comments My goal is to read a whoppin' 3 books by 12-31-2009. I know, weak, huh? Pathetic, ain't it? You people that manage to read hundreds of books each year, I admire you. It's so impressive. I don't have the time or patience for that, so you guys amaze me.

Anyways, so I'd like to read three books this year, and they are:

1. [image error]

2. Song of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville

3. Dark Whispers (The Unicorn Chronicles #3) by Bruce Coville

Also, there are other books that I read, but I consider them my educational books that I... well, I don't wanna say "have to" read, but they're just the more serious ones that I am "inclined" to read and they are the actual... real stuff. Ya know?

4. The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ

5. Preach My Gospel

6. The Old Testament from the King James Version of the Holy Bible

Lastly, if I find time between writing my second book and reading those other books, I'd like to read my new book, as I haven't seen all of its pages in book format yet. Plus, I think it'll help me as I write its sequel. ;)

7. Teffy The Search for Nephew Ninky by Carrie Kreth

So 7 books by 12-31-2009, let's see if I can do it! (I probably can't but I WILL try!) Snap... this isn't even mentioning the books for school that I HAVE to read... Oh boy! Oh well, reading's good for you, right?

Sorry if I made any mistakes; I'm new here and this is my first post!

message 2: by Greyweather (new)

Greyweather | 43 comments If you are still in school then you can hardly expect yourself to be able to commit the kind of time necessary to read dozens, let alone hundreds, of books.

Don't worry about the size of your challenge, just have fun with it. That's the name of the game here.

message 3: by VegasGal (new)

VegasGal | 92 comments Mod
Hey don't be embarrassed or think less of yourself if you're trying 3-8 books, that still is great considering you're reading for school. I all but stopped reading for fun when I was doing my Masters, ugh WAY too much "don't wanna" reading! And not to mention you write too, so WOW to you. :)
Good luck!

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriefinke) | 4 comments Thanks, guys! =)

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriefinke) | 4 comments Yay! I finished Song of the Wanderer (Unicorn Chronicles, #2) by Bruce Coville

I actually finished it about two months ago, but I couldn't find this topic. And I have to add some more books due to the college classes I am taking:

Hush An Irish Princess' Tale
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Inexcusable
The Odyssey by Homer
The Hobbit Or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm going to be terribly busy. Oh, and one more thing I'm trying to finish by the end of the summer:
The Doctrine And Covenants Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints by Joseph Smith