Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

GoodReads 101 > Add a Ticker Counter

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31350 comments Mod
~ 16 Simple Steps to Adding a Ticker Counter!

★ Go to www.tickerfactory.com or hyperlink here: Ticker Factory

★ Scroll down until you see, under Crafts & Hobbies and Objects/Actions Counter and click on this.

★ In the “Choose a Password/Pin:” field type one in.

★ In the “Objects/Actions/Stuff:” field I usually type in “books”. (Above, I typed in "steps".)

★ In the “Your current cumulative value:” field type in what you’ve read so far. If it is the start of the challenge, I type in 0.

★ In the “Your target:” field type in your goal.

★ In the “Message:” field type in an abbreviated title of the challenge. Above I typed in "16 simple steps to a ticker".

★ Click on “Next” at bottom. If you ever go back to this page, you must fill in all fields.

★ There are 17 screens of “Select your ticker ruler:”. Click the little dot next to the one you like. Choose the screen numbers at the bottom of the page to go to another screen. Careful here! If you choose “Next” it will take you - instead - to the next task, which is…

★ “Select your ticker slider:” As before, click the little dot next to the one you like. Currently there are 11 screens of cute ticker sliders.

★ Click “ Next”.

★ This screen shows you an example of what your ticker will look like. If you don’t like something, you can click “Back” or start over by clicking “Home” near the top of the page. Remember, all fields must be filled in on the screen asking for a “password/pin”.

★ If you like what you see, scroll down until you find “HTML: (on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...).

★ Right mouse click to copy or use “select all” to select the code (make sure your cursor is in the field when you do this).

★ Come back to GoodReads and paste the code into your comments field. Use "preview" if you want to check before you post.

Have fun!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31350 comments Mod
Reserved.

message 3: by jingles (last edited Feb 04, 2014 06:35AM) (new)

jingles Good morning. I have a question. How can I get the ticker to update? Do I have to copy/paste the HTML code each time I update?

I was able to change my current value, and it shows the new number in the box, but the slider doesn't show the correct value.

When I changed the current value, I did click the "next" button all the way through, but I must be missing something.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Even though I remember my password for the different tickers, I do go ahead and get a new code each time. Mainly because, if I adjust it then it will show the update on all previous posts. (I don't always link back to my original GRs post.)

Anyway, Jingles, I'm not sure why the number would change but the slider wouldn't. Strange.

message 5: by jingles (last edited Feb 06, 2014 02:57PM) (new)

jingles Gotcha. Thanks, LK. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense to get a new code each time. I didn't even think about that.

Thank you for your help :)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 843 comments I have been trying to update my tickers and it shows on the ticker factory page that it took my update but it doesn't give me a new HTML code that shows the update I just made. It gives me the original code of when I first created the ticker. What is the point of tickers if they don't work properly and you can't update them?

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments ♥Robin♥, I noticed a few months ago I started having trouble with Google Chrome making the tickers. However, it works in Internet Explorer or FireFox browsers.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy  | 12 comments

IT WORKED!!