Gig Harbor AP Language Reads The Great Gatsby discussion

Spam

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Jan 12, 2009 06:19PM) (new)

Michael Bouterse | 20 comments Mod
Hi, everybody! I'm doing a sociological experiment.

You see, I'm trying to find out if the relative silence on this forum is a result of people simply not being on it or a general disinterest in talking about the book. So I've created a thread where you can just post absolute non-book-related rubbish. That's right. You can post pure (school-appropriate!) spam until your fingers fall off.

If we get more posts here, I guess that means the latter hypothesis is sadly correct...

Spam away!

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley | 11 comments Ha ha Michael this is so funny. Well besides from the book I am definitely excited to end this semester and start a new fresh one. I just hope that all of us can get through it. Ha ha. But I hope that more people decide to join in our book conversations and questions. So far the book is getting better in my opinion. What do you or anyone else think?

message 3: by Michael (last edited Jan 12, 2009 07:14PM) (new)

Yes. Just today, in fact, I realized the book was positively brilliant. Took me a while.

But I'm getting off topic... let's put this thread back on track...

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley | 11 comments Ha ha ya for sure. To me is started out slow but know its getting to the good stuff! Lets see......things that are aside from the book....oh how about movies. Ha What are some good movies that you and others have seen? Ha I'm just trying to think of a new subject to see if it rolls.

message 5: by Michael (last edited Jan 12, 2009 09:31PM) (new)

Hmm... The film in Spanish!! Ack!! I think it was too much pathos for one dose.

And I also saw Valkyrie with my brother over break, the movie about the anti-Nazi resistance in Germany. I like German things, so that film was a particularly interesting one for me.

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley | 11 comments Oh my goodness that Spanish movie was completely ment to be made up of pathos!! I couldn't believe it!! Except Moncho was so adorable! Ha ha.

Oh and I heard that that was a good movie. Tom Cruise has always intrigued me in a way. That's cool. I saw The Curious Case of Benjamen Button with my family. It was really interesting and good except so long! A movie that is three hours long is just to much in my opinion. Ha ha. I really want to see Slum Dog Millionare. I heard it was good.

message 7: by Michael (last edited Jan 12, 2009 09:46PM) (new)

link

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley | 11 comments Ha ha ha ha ha that's awesome!!! Ha I that is as random as this spam can get! Ha.

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh | 8 comments I saw a lemon like that once... it shot at me...

message 10: by Michael (new)

Whoa. Hey, Josh. You're not reading The Great Gatsby in Perry sometime this year by chance? It's good.

message 11: by Josh (new)

Josh | 8 comments I don't think so. Though since I already finished the book we were supposed to read, I want to read The Great Gatsby.

By the way, Into the Wild is an incredible book.

message 12: by Michael (new)

No kidding. That, my friend, is the stuff of which Philosophy Club ought be made.

message 13: by Myke (new)

Myke (SarahPalin) | 7 comments It's a shame that Mrs. Gilbert deleted the forum for Into the Wild... that was some good stuff (she did delete it, didn't she?).

message 14: by Michael (new)

Ack! You're right!! I'd better start archiving the Mango Street stuff before it's too late!

message 15: by Michele (new)

Michele Yep, due to requests from other English teachers, I deleted the ITW group. Don't worry - I have no plans to delete Mango Street. In fact, I'll unlock those threads for discussion if you'd like...

message 16: by Josh (new)

Josh | 8 comments LETS DO THIS DISCUSSING THING!!!
LEEEERRRRRROOOOOYYYY.....

message 17: by Myke (last edited Feb 08, 2009 09:48PM) (new)

Myke (SarahPalin) | 7 comments ....JEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKIIIINNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

message 18: by Josh (new)

Josh | 8 comments -Dammit Leeroy!
-Shut up... it's not my fault.... at least I have chicken.