Book Haven discussion

Young Adult > I NEED A NEW PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES!!!! HELPPPP!!!!

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Stemmer (paranormalboylover3) | 1 comments Perferably from female's POV in 1st person.

message 2: by Marjorie (last edited Jul 17, 2012 05:58AM) (new)

Marjorie Friday Baldwin (marjoriefbaldwin) | 26 comments A Goodreads/Facebook friend of mine has what I've heard is a nice one (I don't actually like the genre so I haven't ready any but I like this author as a person so I imagine you'd like her characters).

Had to edit cos I completely forgot I can do covers! :)

Cambria Hebert's Heven and Hell series:

Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5) by Cambria Hebert_ Masquerade by Cambria Hebert_ Between (Heven and Hell, #1.5) by Cambria Hebert_ Charade (Heven and Hell, #2) by Cambria Hebert

message 3: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 54 comments Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins

Have you read these they are really good..I guess it can be paranormal romance :)

message 4: by Shiran (new)

Shiran | 32 comments I have the perfect one for you! Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 375 comments Have you read the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy? There is some very nice romance in it, especially in the last book of the series.

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2) by Michelle Zink Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3) by Michelle Zink

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Starr (melissastarr) | 6 comments Feel free to check out my new YA release Phoenix, (Phoenix Elite Book 1) Phoenix (Phoenix Elite Book 1) by Melissa Starr

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments Have you read Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. It's a dumb question I know. It's easily the best series, and most people have already read it. I am on the latest book #12 called Dead Locked. Dead Until Dark is the first. First four books just kick ass. I like all of them however. Even this last one. : )

message 8: by Tori (new)

Tori (Gwyllon) | 9 comments Moon Called book 1 in the Mercy Thompson series

Guilty Pleasures book 1 in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series

message 9: by Renae (new)

Renae Davis (bebedoll96) | 5 comments I just finished the Graveyard Queen Series by Amanda Stevens. LOVED IT

message 10: by Elyse (last edited Aug 16, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Elyse (elysedraper) | 91 comments Freewill (Freewill, #1) by Elyse Draper Consequences (Freewill, #2) by Elyse Draper

I hate doing this self-promotion stuff, and please don't think it's spam. :O/ I only post, because readers like yourself, are who I wrote the series for.

message 11: by Ciarra (last edited Aug 22, 2012 08:12PM) (new)

Ciarra Ornelas (FreeYourself32) Aliens are paranormal right? ;) not your usual paranormal, but it is really good.
The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian is the first book
This series is amazing. I love it!!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Starr (melissastarr) | 6 comments Elyse wrote: "Freewill by Chris LynchConsequences by Penelope Lively

I hate doing this self-promotion stuff, and please don't think it's spam. :O/ I only post, because readers like yourself, are who I wrote the series for."

Don't feel bad about suggesting your own work Elyse...I suggested my work as well. You should be proud of it and want people to be excited about what you've worked so hard to share with readers! I'm excited about sharing my work with others for the same reason. I love to hear the thoughts of those who read and write works like mine. I got into the YA paranormal/ fantasy genre because I wanted to write and share things for a younger audience that you couldn't hardly find when I was growing up. Nice to meet you btw. :)

message 13: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Children of the Night
Burning Water
Jinx High

All by Mercedes Lackey.

These are older novels, written before paranormal romance was a genre. I think we used to call these urban fantasy or modern fantasy.

Still good.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Starr (melissastarr) | 6 comments stormhawk wrote: "Children of the Night
Burning Water
Jinx High

All by Mercedes Lackey.

These are older novels, written before paranormal romance was a genre. I think we used to call these urban fantasy or modern..."

I've never read Mercedes Lackey & have always meant to. I grew up on Piers Anthony, Roger Zelazney, Stephen R Donaldson, Anne McCaffrey and the like. I probably read more Fantasy than anything but searched and searched for books like today's Paranormal Romance & Fantasy and found them hard to come by in my small little town. Thank God for technology. Books are so much easier to find now! Lol.

message 15: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Portch (Rowena_Portch) | 4 comments Have you tried reading the Spirian Saga? There are currently six books in the series. Protected (Spirian Saga, #1) by Rowena Portch. You can read free excerpts on the author's site (the first three chapters).

http://Rowena-Portch.com

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Starr (melissastarr) | 6 comments Rowena wrote: "Have you tried reading the Spirian Saga? There are currently six books in the series. Protected (Spirian Saga, #1) by Rowena Portch. You can read free excerpts on the author's site (the first three chapters).

h..."

No, I haven't. I'll give it a go. Sounds good. Maybe you guys could stop by and try out the Phoenix Elite series. Book 1 is available in both print & paperback now and Book 2 will be available in Feb 2013. You can stop by the blog for more info. Buy links are there too. Thanks!
http://melissa13starr.wordpress.com/ Phoenix (Phoenix Elite, #1) by Melissa Starr

message 17: by Luka (new)

Luka Pejić (lukapejic38) Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

CASTER CHRONICLES (Beautiful Creatures/Darkness/Chaos/Redemption). I'm currently reading it, and I love it soooooo much.

Though it's from guy's point of view - which I find refreshing. You should read it. :D

message 18: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (KatrinaWelsh_) Have you tried Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning (Fever series)? It's amazing. I just finished it myself. It's not YA.

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 16 comments Check out Dark Summer (The Witchling Series Book, #1) by Lizzy Ford Dark Summer by Lizzy Ford. It is really good, believe me. :)

message 20: by Kaydence (last edited Mar 05, 2013 11:22AM) (new)

Kaydence | 1 comments You could give this new YA series a try! Book 2 was just released. :) Awesome new read! http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Elite-e...
http://www.amazon.com/Ruhks-Rising-Ph...

Phoenix (Phoenix Elite Book 1) by Melissa Starr
Ruhk's Rising; (Phoenix Elite # 2) by Melissa Starr

message 21: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Portch (Rowena_Portch) | 4 comments Have you tried the Spirian Saga? http://rowenaportch.com.

message 22: by Just My Opinion (new)

Just My Opinion (JustMyOpinionNH) | 1 comments I realize this is way after you first posted this, but have you tried The Providence Trilogy by Jamie McGuire? It's sensational! You can buy the whole trilogy for ONLY $9.99 right now or buy them individually.
Providence
Requiem
Eden

Check out Jamie's site to find the link to the trilogy.

message 23: by Amanda (last edited May 01, 2013 08:31AM) (new)

Amanda Lyons (AmandaMLyons) If I might be so bold I could recommend my book Eyes Like Blue Fire by Amanda M. LyonsIt's the first novel in the series and also has strong horror elements.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Starr (melissastarr) | 6 comments As Kaydence said above when she mentioned my latest in the Phoenix Elite series, you might give those a try. Phoenix is actually FREE on Barnes & Noble right now. And super cheap on Amazon. :) http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/phoen...
Phoenix (Phoenix Elite, #1) by Melissa Starr

message 25: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Portch (Rowena_Portch) | 4 comments Have you tried the Spirian Saga? There are six books in the series so far with book seven due for release this fall. You can read the first three chapters of each book here: http://rowenaportch.com/spirian-book-...

This is the blurb from the first book, Protected:

On the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, a spiritual war brews among the Spirian race. During one of the many conflicts, clan leader Khalen was forced to kill his mate after she was seduced by the Shadows. Now, he vows to banish them from his territory forever, but like most adversaries, if you kill one, many take its place.

His soul lingers in a dark turmoil of mistrust and vengeance until a most unexpected female enters his life. Skye’s innocent nature awakens a protective drive in Khalen that both surprises and terrifies him. Despite his attempts to keep her safe, her unique gifts have attracted the Shadows attention.

Can he protect her or will the Shadows claim another life and take what is left of his hollow soul?

message 26: by Dan (new)

Dan Thompson (dan_pentagram) Popular blogger Shannon Thompson has just released Minutes before Sunset - let her know i recommended her :) Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson

message 27: by Lyena (new)

Lyena | 3 comments I just read FALLEN by L N GREEN. I think it's the first book of a series that i got at amazon for 99 cent
http://www.amazon.com/Fallen-The-Ligh...

message 28: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 53 comments Yeh fallen is grate I love it

message 29: by A (new)

A H Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer

I loved this series!!

message 30: by Ilze (new)

Ilze | 1 comments Just finished The Darkwood series by JA Redmerski, I really enjoyed it!

message 31: by Alexandra (last edited Sep 26, 2013 03:20PM) (new)

Alexandra Crawford (DisenchantedPublish) | 1 comments Jennifer wrote: "Perferably from female's POV in 1st person."

Try the Spellbound series by Sherry Soule her book(s) are paranormal and romantic and exciting. And they are all written in female POV. Beautifully Broken Shattered Silence Moonlight Mayhem and Reckless Revenge

Beautifully Broken (Spellbound #1) by Sherry Soule

message 32: by Shelby (last edited Oct 18, 2013 06:16PM) (new)

Shelby | 15 comments Here are some PNR books I've read and recommend
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade

message 33: by Heather-Lea (new)

Heather-Lea | 7 comments Demons of the Sun by Cindi Madsen
This book by Cindi Madsen is a great paranormal romance. So far it's a stand alone, but I'm hoping she makes it into a series!