Horror Aficionados discussion

Novels > Need help identifying a book that involved werewolves/wolf shapeshifters

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kgrizzly (new)

Kgrizzly | 2 comments I read this book when I was younger, I happened to find it at the library and decided to read it even though my mother advised me not to. Because I was so young I can only remember a few major details, but its been really bothering me the past couple days so I figured is start looking. I couldn't find it anywhere on google so I ended up here.

Anyway the books physical appearance was black, possibly with a white wolf's face/eyes along the top. The main character of the book was either a young woman or a girl between the ages of 17 and 21, because there was a part of the book where she was drinking alcohol. I think she was going to be a live in babysitter for two children whose father, unbeknownst to the girl, was a werewolf. I actually don't want to say werewolf because it seemed more like a man who could just happen to shift into a wolf to me. Anyway one of the main parts of the story is that the wolf man's wife is pretty much unable to shift and join him on his hunts, because it makes her ill. The girl notices this in the book, and starts to look into the abnormality of it all. The wife actually ends up committing suicide by ripping out her wrist veins with her own teeth to tryand prove to her husband that she can handle it. Sometime in the book the girl sees a white wolf seemingly staring directly at her through either a window or a peephole in a door. I can't remember if it was a white wolf though...

If anyone has any idea as to what the novel is I'd appreciate it greatly. Thank you.

message 2: by Kilgallen (new)

Kilgallen | 75 comments Would you have a ballpark of what year you read this book? It might help to have this as a reference.

message 3: by Booknerd (new)

Booknerd | 1 comments "The blooding" by Patricia Windsor.

message 4: by Kgrizzly (new)

Kgrizzly | 2 comments I realize this was years ago, but dude you are the bomb. Thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread