Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > What is going on in Texas?? Man Eats Own Eyeball? (bizarre drummer accidents)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/a...

I have been waiting all day long to see if anyone mentioned this. Am I the only one who finds this beyond wacky? He has done this before and they found him competent then? Does this convince anyone besides me?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Welcome to Texas.

message 3: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) I can't imagine it being very tasty, but I bet it slid right down.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
Everything's better there.

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Dammit, that hurts me to even think about that. Mucho props on the intestinal fortitude, Andre Thomas, you little nutjob.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

I did notice that in the paper this morning, Kevin. Crazy stuff.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

DIDN'T NEED TO READ ABOUT THAT!!!!!!

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments sorry Montambo, that is the world we live in. Even though the guy is a cruel, sicko murderer and a self-cannibal (did i just coin that phrase?) mostly i could not wrap my mind around how in the world he pulled his own eyeball out with his fingers. later that day i had an itch around my eyelid and when i scratched it a bit i suddenly went "WHOA, easy there big fella, don't dig too hard or your eye could come out"

(maybe he secretly had a red rider in the cell)

message 9: by Shelly (new)

Shelly I think the fact that this man ate his own eyeball has everything to do with the fact that he is from Texas and nothing to do with anything else.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Whoo! Crazyass news that doesn't come from Wisconsin!

For a while there we in the upper midwest were getting all the whackjob stories, like the one of the woman who returned to high school and pretended to be seventeen so she could be a cheerleader or whatever. Let's spread the craziness around the country, people.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Texas is an equal opportunity executioner at a high frequency rate. The craziness just follows.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:26AM) (new)

OH RA, the shack nasties are just starting to settle in, so who knows what will happen in Wisconsin.

message 13: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) I'm surprised he didn't fry his eyeball, since everything has to be eaten fried in the South.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments exactly gus! did he have sweet tea to wash it down? did he use texas style BBQ sauce? what if he dropped it after pulling it out but prior to eating it? how would he find it?

"can i get a little help in here?"

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments ONCE AGAIN, people... born and bred Southern, and I don't fry everything.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments well, you ever had an unfried eyeball? like sushi i imagine

message 17: by Heidi (last edited Jan 12, 2009 09:18AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Well, some of us prefer "barbequed" to "fried," thank you very much.

(That was a joke. I don't like "BBQ" much, either.)

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I do like fried chicken. Man, it comforts me in a way baked chicken just can't.

And peas and cornbread. And chicken and dumplings. And biscuits and gravy.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Mindy stop. You're making me salivate.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

Notice how many syllables all of the southern "comfort" foods have. This eyeball cuisine needs to have more of an extensive name to really fit in.

How about Dug'n'Grub?

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments The ulitmate finger food.

message 22: by Meen (last edited Jan 12, 2009 09:33AM) (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Oh gawd, those three were my Mamaw's best dishes. (Though she SUCKED at fried chicken, go figure.) They are my holy trinity of comfort foods. (But only as prepared by her, and since she's dead now, I don't get my comfort foods anymore. I try to fill the hole with fried chicken, but it's just not the same.)

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments (I think you meant to say, "... fill the hole ..." instead of "whole." Unless you want to fill up literally EVERYTHING with fried chicken.)

message 24: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Haha, check again, Larry, I edited it as soon as I posted it. But you caught me--you are FAST!

In fact, I was gonna post again telling everyone that I had another homophone moment.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Oh sure -- go back and edit.

message 26: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Though filling everything with fried chicken might be so bad...

*off to Church's for lunch*

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Church's has BIG pieces of chicken.

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments well, at least when the guy gets executed in Texas he won't see it coming

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Kevin Kevin Kevin. ::shakes head::

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments hahahahaha man, that was too easy.

message 31: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments Fried Okra. Now that's a wonderful southern dish.

message 32: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) The best fried chicken in the South is in Charlotte. Price's Chicken Coop's chicken would make even a stone-cold vegan go batty for chicken.

message 33: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) Heidi said: ONCE AGAIN, people... born and bred Southern, and I don't fry everything.

Jeez, Louise...defensive, aren't we?

message 34: by Heidi (last edited Jan 12, 2009 10:32AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Well if a certain someone (who's getting the silent treatment from me) were here for most of last week, then said person would know that this has been discussed eleventy billion times already in Terminalcoffee.

Some of us like some stuff fried, but not everything. I take issue with generalizing statements. It's like saying all New Yorkers are rude... because that's sooo untrue. In fact, the New Yorkers I've met are super friendly (including person I'm giving silent treatment to).

BTW, the best fried chicken is in my grandmother's kitchen.

message 35: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments People from Arkansas are touchy.

:)

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

I love okra. I'd probably love fried okra if someone would fry something here.

message 37: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments Yeah, it's hard to come by around here. I only get to eat it now and then. But that's probably why I love it.

message 38: by Heidi (last edited Jan 12, 2009 10:31AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I do love fried okra, though (and sauteed... and pickled and steamed)! YUM! My boss will bring some to work every once in a blue moon. His mother grows okra in her garden and he cooks it himself. It goes quickly around here.

message 39: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments I have to admit I've only had fried and pickled. But I like both. if I knew where to get the others I would try them.

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments RA, you're being a troublestarter.

message 41: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) I'll put your granny's chicken to the taste test with Price's.

I know what you mean about generalizations. I resent being told New Yorkers are rude. We're just hard-assed, but deep down inside we're hopeful romantics.

Philadelphians, on the other hand...City of Brotherly Love my ass!

message 42: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) For a second there, I thought the title of this thread said "Mindy has another homophobe moment".

Damn my eyes!

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Send me some, person-I'm-ignoring! I have to do a taste test or I won't believe it. :)

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i used to watch okra winfrey occasionally

message 45: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) Can't do that. Price's needs to be sampled on the spot.

You can't ignore me...I'm like a fungus that'll never go away. Hence, the name "Gus".

message 46: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments not sure i can post here. i am a bit homophonic

message 47: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments La Lalala La Lalala. I'm ignoring yoooouuuu...

message 48: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24102 comments Heidi -- doesn't the act of telling someone you're ignoring them kind of defeat the purpose?

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Not when I'm singing under my breath to myself...

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

That Heidi is complicated!

« previous 1 3