2009 A to Z authors discussion

Smithers' List

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smithers (last edited May 25, 2009 07:45PM) (new)

smithers | 3 comments My list for the year! Finally got a hold of how to update the list!
Anderson, Lauren Halse: Speak
Bolano, Roberto: 2666: A Novel
Frankl, Victor: Man's Search for Meaning
Gruen, Sara: Water for Elephants
Johnson, Deborah:The Air Between Us
Kidd, Susan Monk:The Mermaid Chair
McCarthy, Cormac: The Road
Price, Richard: Lush Life
Rowling, JK: Harry Potter Book 7
Shaffer, Mary Ann: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Toole, John Kennedy: A Confederacy of Dunces
Watson, Brad: The Heaven of Mercury
Zusak, Marcus: I am the messenger

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson 2666 (Narrativas Hispanicas) by Roberto Bolaño Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen The Air Between Us A Novel by Deborah Johnson The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd The Road by Cormac McCarthy Lush Life A Novel by Richard Price Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Rowling [image error] A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole The Heaven of Mercury A Novel by Brad Watson I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

message 2: by smithers (new)

smithers | 3 comments I have to say that I am completely stopped up at A Confederacy of Dunces, great read but also feels like my brain is walking through mud. It has been a crazy March but I plan on re-dedicating myself to the list in April. Richard Price's Lush Life was finished this past weekend. I have been a fan of his for a while and can say that he met all expectations.

message 3: by smithers (new)

smithers | 3 comments Are you looking for a Z author?? Go for Zusak. I am the messenger is a fantastic read as well as the Book Thief. I think they are both on my "take to a deserted island" list.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam | 2 comments Confederacy of Dunces is one of my favorite books of all time - but my friend hated it. People love it or hate it, it seems :) It's Billy Bob Thornton's favorite book, for what that's worth!