What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Solved: Fictional account of what happened to Anastasia Romanov [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments This story had Anastasia surviving her family's murder and escaping to China where she became a prostitute. A man (maybe an American reporter) finds her and falls in love with her. The cover had the profile of a young woman with very blonde hair, and I'm pretty sure the book was written by a male author, possibly with one of his names starting with a 'P'...or not...the name Scott seems to fit too, but I could be completely wrong.

message 2: by Josie (last edited Jan 13, 2009 04:11AM) (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments Yes, I've seen that movie, although I didn't finish it (because it was so BORING!), and it's not it. I think a lot of the Russian nobles escaped to places like China when the revolution broke out, so there's probably a lot of stories on similar lines.
I can also remember that at some point she marries some awful, awful man for some reason other than love.I think he abuses her, and is having affairs with other men. Anastasia also doesn't love the (possible) American reporter in return until the very end. There's also a woman, and Anastasia's awful husband, who are trying to prove/discover if she is really the Princess Anastasia, because I don't think she remembers.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments Might it be 'Anastasia' by Colin Falconer?

http://www.girl.com.au/anastasia_coli...

The cover is similar to what you mentioned, and the plot synopsis given fits with what you remember.

message 4: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments Yep, that's it! Thanks heaps!