sistv bookworms discussion

i no longer know what to do

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhi (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:20AM) (new)

Rhi | 76 comments Mod
*maybe a spoiler in here*

i just finished breaking dawn.
deep sigh.
i thought by waiting until all the books had been completed i would love them more, i'm a closure kind of girl. i would have been chomping at the bit to have to wait years in between.

but now.
now i have an empty space in my head where the cullens once used to be.
seriously people! i'm finding it hard here! i know they weren't the most well written books in the world, and bella is actually quite annoying, (although i did like her as a vampire) but there is something so enthralling and addicting to them, for the better part of the week as i read them i've believed i LIVED in forks!

so i need help. clearly. and because you can't all give me mental help.
please suggest to me some other series books i might love, based on my clear obsession with twilight.

not that anyone will match up to edward cullen in my eyes.

message 2: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaeclark) | 58 comments I understand what you are going through! The story consumed me for quite a while too. Since then I have read all of the Southern Vampire (Sookie Stackhouse) mysteries from Charlaine Harris. There are 8 books in the series. I would recommend this series to any adult. This is not for youth.

Now I have Edward on the brain again!! Renae

message 3: by *Lee* (last edited Jan 11, 2009 03:13AM) (new)

*Lee* gaaaah - I read too quickly before I realised there was a spoiler...ARRGHH! Shame on me.
OK Rhi if you couple please include EDWARD IS HOT in the topic title of any new threads you post regarding the Twilight series, that way I know you are chatting about them so I don't peek!!
*giggle*

message 4: by Rhi (new)

Rhi | 76 comments Mod
*Lee* wrote: "gaaaah - I read too quickly before I realised there was a spoiler...ARRGHH! Shame on me.
OK Rhi if you couple please include EDWARD IS HOT in the topic title of any new threads you post regarding ..."

oh no!! sorry love. i did warn people in stars! but that would have been better inbold.
p.s. edward IS hot. and so is rob pattinson. amen.

message 5: by Rhi (new)

Rhi | 76 comments Mod
Renae wrote: "I understand what you are going through! The story consumed me for quite a while too. Since then I have read all of the Southern Vampire (Sookie Stackhouse) mysteries from Charlaine Harris. Ther..."

sigh. but are they as nice as the cullens? coz thats my biggest problem. i don't want to say goodbye to the cullens. *tear*

message 6: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaeclark) | 58 comments Rhi, no, the vamps in Sookie's life are NOTHING like the Cullens, but I think you'll adjust and enjoy what they bring to Sookie's life. Sookie's story is a great distraction, if not replacement, to Edward and Bella's story. And, yes, Edward is HOT!

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hopkins  (kylissa) | 7 comments a new YA fiction came out titled "Handcuffs"- a teacher that teaches highschool in my school district wrote it...i added it to my "to-read" list...this MAY give you that young adult feel that you need...

:)

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) I so agree. Sookie is a great substitute for Bella. You might want to see if you like the Anita Blake books as well. They are all vampire stuff, very adult, not as good as Sookie but still okay.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 20 comments The Southern Vampire series was my rebound from the Twilight series. As most rebound relationships go, they were fun and light, but NO WHERE near as good as my love for Twilight!

message 10: by melanie (lit*chick) (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:52AM) (new)

melanie (lit*chick) | 9 comments Mod
Seriously - The Hunger Games is the next Twilight. Not because it has vampires, but as far as breathtaking what's going to happen next. And the girl character is the total opposite of Bella - she's fierce! :)

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 36 comments Wait...what is The Hunger Games about and is it a series? YA or adult? I'm intrigued!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 20 comments Oh I loved the Hunger Games, and yes it is part of a series. I didn't realize it until the ending where it said the next book will be out in Sept. 2009. Having to wait really stinks. I'm so impatient, I want to know what happens now!

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (ladymisssusan) | 19 comments I read a series that started with The Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and I LOVED them. YA again but very fast moving with lots going on. NOTHING like the Cullens, but there really isn't anything like them that I have found. **Sigh** There are 3 books in the series.
I have more people find my blog by a post I made about a Post-Twilight Depression than any other way! Girls spilling their hearts out about how they are missing them too. Ok, I'm sufficiently depressed now. **Sigh**

message 14: by Rhi (new)

Rhi | 76 comments Mod
okay melly.
theres no way i'm going to read those until i know all the books have been released. i just can't do it.
if i had had to wait 4 years for the twilight saga, i might have gone crazy.

and i'm going crazy enough right now, not having any new cullen books to read. i've started the whole series again.

and susan, i just had to go to your post twilight blog entry! i'm with you, sister!

message 15: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaeclark) | 58 comments The Hunger Games is an excellent read! My husband loved it too and right now my son (12) is reading it for a school project. It is young adult. I really like this author's writing style. I can't believe we have to wait until SEPTEMBER 09 for the next book!!! Renae

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 20 comments Rhi, have you read Midnight Sun posted on Stephenie Meyers blog? Yes, it's the version that was leaked on the internet & no, it is not finished, but she was so upset by the incident, that she said she stopped working on it, & had no intentions of finishing it any time soon, so she posted it on her website.(yikes that is an ugly sentence!lol)
I was missing the Cullens too & couldn't resist the temptation. It's Twilight from Edward's perspective and it is soooooooo good!

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan (ladymisssusan) | 19 comments OH I want to read Midnight Sun so badly, and yet I don't want to because it isn't finished and I think that will drive me crazy. Also, it will start the whole getting-over-the-cullens process and part of me just doesn't want to go there! lol

melanie (lit*chick) | 9 comments Mod
Rhi -Well, September will be here before you know it! So promise me you'll read it in August :)

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 36 comments I'm hijacking this again. I read the first Sookie book and I want the series in hardcover, but can't find the 3rd one, will I be lost if I read 1, 2 then 4, 5... and skip 3? I don't want to read out of order but I have 2 and 4 on the way and I'm on a waitlist at paperbackswap for the rest.

message 20: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaeclark) | 58 comments Hi Jamie. Yes, I would definitely recommend reading Book 3 before moving on to Book 4. The story evolves with each book, so I think you would be missing out on important details. I just loaned out Books 1-3, otherwise, I'd be glad to share my copy with you (while you search for the hard copy). Renae

message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) Ditto what Renae said. Sookie needs to be read in order. You CAN skip, but you'll miss out.

message 22: by Krystal (new)

Krystal | 4 comments Im really interested in the Sookie books hope they have them at my library!