Numb3rs discussion

Analysis of Randomness

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 108 comments Mod
Random Chatting!

message 2: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Hey Kelly! Thanks for joining!

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Which brother do you like better. :P Actually, I couldn't say, I've only seen the show once at my sisters....but I TOTALLY LOVED IT!! Which is crazy, because it's the first math-related thing I could say that about....*shrug*

message 4: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Jan 09, 2009 05:11PM) (new)

Charlie! He's great! =D I really like the relationship they have with each other though. I'm actually sort of a math nerd. I like math! (I'm working on my algebra right now! :P) You can watch it tonight on CBS @ 10:00pmET. You can also watch any episode on the web site.

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments WOOT I'm at my grammas, maybe I can see it!!!! CBS...cool, I think she has that channel. Right now I'm watching Frenemies, but my grandmas computer is a little overwhelmed. :P Charlie is....the older one? I can't remember!!!

message 6: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yep, it's on every Friday @10ET. No, Charlie is the younger one, the mathematician. His older brother, Don, is the FBI agent. What are they trying to do in Frenemies again? I think I liked that one! That was the first episode I say Charlie's new haircut on. It's kind of funny, I'm just so use to his longer hair. Do you remember the first episode you saw?

message 7: by Squiggles{Kelly} (last edited Jan 09, 2009 05:33PM) (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Oh right, right, right! I like his hair longer...:( I miss it!! It's funny, when I watched it with my sister, I thought Charlie was cuter and she thought Don was cuter. XP We're way oppisites. In Frenemies there's a 'vigilante' group that goes after a criminal mastermind and Charlie has to ask his mathmatical rival for help. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. The first episode I saw there was going to be a terrorist attack...and I don't remember too much else about it. o_O

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments lolz...idk what the guys name is, but there's an amusing quote between Charlie and his rival....
Charlie:Where's the glasses?
Rival dude: Where's the hair?

message 9: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Oh, right! There were the two enemy "gangs". I remember now. That's a funny one! I know, I like his long hair better. He looks so different with it short! Yes, my older sister use to watch the show and she thought that Charlie was cute. The rest of us (who hadn't watched the show, just seen parts) were like, "What? How could you think he's cute?", but then when we watched it we were like, "Oh, okay, yeah, he is cute." LOL!

message 10: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Yeah, very cute. :P It is a really funny episode. Like he's doing one of his explanations and the rival guy says "How do you not have your own show on PBS." LOL

message 11: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

LOL! I love that part! It has some really other funny parts too, but I won't say anything about them if you're not done with the show yet so that I don't spoil it. :)

message 12: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments I appreciate it, lol!!

message 13: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

No problem! =D

message 14: by Squiggles{Kelly} (last edited Jan 09, 2009 06:03PM) (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Arg! My mom stole the computer and I lost the episode!!! And now she's saying we prolly won't stay long enough to see the one tonight...*sob*
But who knows, maybe she'll get carried away talking. *prays* :P I guess I could wait till tommorow or something and watch some online...but my computer's been going bonkers lately so it might be totally dead tommorow.

message 15: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Arg! That's annoying! I guess that's a good thing about watching it on the computer: 1). you can watch it anytime and 2). you can "fast forward" to the spot where you stopped. Did you stay to watch last night's show? I actually didn't. I decided to watch a PBS Masterpiece Theater special last night and then watch Numb3rs on the computer. Oh, another good thing about watching them on the computer: 3). they only have like 10 second commercials!. :) Yeah, computers tend to over react to thing. I hope your computer settles down enough for you to watch some!

message 16: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Yes!! My mom and my brother are watching Three Musketeers tonight...maybe I can watch Numb3rs. I never finished Frenemies and then I started Arrow of...um....I can't remember. But the beginning was awesome!!

message 17: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Cool! I'm hoping to watch some tonight as well. I think we missed an episode a few weeks ago and I still need to see the one from last night (Arrow of Time).

message 18: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments OH yeah, that's the one!! The beginning is sooo cool!!! Have you ever watched Seventh Heaven? Because I think that the guy who plays Simon is in it, but I'm not sure...it was dark.

message 19: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Nope, I've never seen Seventh Heaven, so I wouldn't know the actor. And about the title, I had to look it up! :P

message 20: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Welcome, Cryptid and Miss Clark! Thank you for joining my group!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Welcome!

message 22: by Miss Clark (new)

Miss Clark (miss_clark) | 27 comments Thanks for the invite!

message 23: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

You're welcome!

message 24: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments It WAS him! He played Buck Winters....his name is David Gallagher or something...haha...funny.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

What?

message 26: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Read message #18.

message 27: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Hey everybody! Please vote on the poll!

message 28: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments K! I think I might have. Unless there's a new one.

I FINALLY finished Arrow of Time! It was so good!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Thanks.

message 30: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

You're welcome, Cryptid!

And thanks everyone for voting!

Yes, I agree, Kelly, Arrow of Time was a really good one! I want to watch the end again though, because I can't quite remember how it all went down. And I had trouble listening to Charlie at the beginning and the end, so maybe I'll watch those parts too. =D

message 31: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Yeah, I know! I got pieces of it, and what I did was really interesting, but the rest of what was going on was sort of distracting. I liked Don alot in that one!

message 32: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yeah, I'm glad he's sort of getting himself back on track, if you know what I mean. Maybe he'll stop questioning himself so much now.

message 33: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the beginning of Numb3rs?! I haven't?! I LOVE IT!!

message 34: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments I actually don't, but I'm watching back episodes now, so maybe I'll catch on!! :D

message 35: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yes, I know, the beginning is so neat!!! =D Have you noticed that it has four little clues at the beginning (they get ciphered out of the numbers)? We didn't realize that until we watched it on the computer and were able to pause it. So cool!!!

message 36: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Exactly! That's the part I love!

message 37: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yep, I hope Don stays with his current girlfriend as well. They seem to be good together and I'm tired of him switching.

message 38: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Right now I'm watching the Magic Show one. :)

message 39: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Oh, yeah, I remember that one. I think that's a pretty good one too.

message 40: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Jan 15, 2009 11:30AM) (new)

Guess what I figured out in Chemistry last night! (Yeah, this is not very relevant to Numb3rs, but considering that we are analyzing randomness...) I figured out that the width of one sodium stearate molecule is 9.72x10 to the power of -8 (0.0000000972) cm squared! That's 10,000 to 100,000 smaller than the width of a single human hair! If you were wondering...

message 41: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments @_@

okay.

message 42: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Jan 15, 2009 12:23PM) (new)

LOL! Sorry, I just thought it was really cool. You can just continue talking about Numb3rs, no comment required. :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...Okay. Whats your favorite episode.

message 44: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments idk, I haven't seen enough, lolz! But I really liked Arrow of Time...I don't know! I really want to finish Charlie Don't Surf. That one has alot of potential, lolz! ONE of these days I'm going to watch a full episode with no interupptions!! :P

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. Did you see the new episode last night?

message 46: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Not yet! Was it good?

message 47: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Jan 17, 2009 08:48AM) (new)

Yep, I did! I was thought it was really good!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too.

message 49: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Oooooohhhh myyyyy goooosshhhh....

IT'S SO GOOD!

message 50: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments At that part....you know...THE part...wow. o_O

« previous 1 3