Blogger Lift discussion

Help: Blogging 101 > Anyone know how to get the REACTION option working on blogger?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:17PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments I tried to add the REACTION option to my Bogger blog and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to add it? I went in through DESIGN at the top of my blog, Selected LAYOUT, then clicked on EDIT in the BLOG POST portion. This got me into the CONFIGURE BLOG POST area where I clicked on the REACTION option. I then altered the reaction options to what I wanted and then clicked on the SAVE button. And nothing changed. Help!

message 2: by Shay (new)

Shay | 11 comments Did you click "Save Arrangement" on the main Layout page? (I don't know if that would work, it's the only other thing I can think of.)

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments Yep. I did that too.

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments Has anyone recently added this option and gotten it to work?

message 5: by Shay (new)

Shay | 11 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Has anyone recently added this option and gotten it to work?"

Yes, I just did it, doing all the steps you described and doing the save arrangement. It's set up on my blog.
http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments I like it and am envious. :) I wonder if I have too many posts out for them to switch it. At first I thought only new posts might get it, but those don't show it either.

message 7: by Shay (new)

Shay | 11 comments I think you might need to contact Blogger. You're right, it could be something as simple as needing to do it differently if you have a lot of posts and they have a work around.

message 8: by Flora (new)

Flora Smith (bookwormflo) Cool! I just added mine by following your steps and its working great.

message 9: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccaj11) | 7 comments I did all the steps and it didn't work for me either. :/

message 10: by Lectus (new)

Lectus My blog has the reactions. Pretty much I googled it and tried different tutorials until I found one that worked.

If you don't mind my going into your account I could do it for you (you can change the password again) but I just can't - from the top of my head- explain how I did it.

message 11: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccaj11) | 7 comments okay Ill try that too.. if everything fails I'll message ya to get you to do it. thanks!

message 12: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccaj11) | 7 comments I figured it out! Go to your blogger dashboard. Click on "template". Next click on "edit HTML" then "proceed". Go to the bottom of the page and click "Revert widgets templates to default" (your widgets that you've added stay on your blog. so don't worry) then "ok". Lastly click "save template". After you've done this your "reaction" should be on your page.

message 13: by Delaney (new)

Delaney This isn't about the reaction thing (thanks for the steps though!) but I noticed that a lot of book reviews put a box around the summary, how do you do that?

message 14: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments Can you link to an example of what you're talking about?

message 15: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments Becca, Thanks for posting. My hubby ended up looking and my blog and I think he embedded code to make it do it. If it stops working I'll try doing it your way.

message 16: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccaj11) | 7 comments Your welcome! :)

message 17: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Lisarenee wrote: "Can you link to an example of what you're talking about?"

(I'm using from a blogger that I admire) http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.c...

see how she did the border for the summary?

message 18: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments C.H.O.M.P (the Random Ranterer) wrote: "Lisarenee wrote: "Can you link to an example of what you're talking about?"

(I'm using from a blogger that I admire) http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.c......"

I'm not 100% sure, but my first thought is maybe they used a graphic software program and perhaps copied it in? For those not familiar with HTML, that would be an excellent way to get around it. I'm not sure which software package would be best and you'd probably have to save it as a jpeg file (photo) instead of a text file. I have a PAINT program on my computer, but the fonts are limited and the text isn't always as clear as I'd like. I wonder if PHOTO SHOP would work?

message 19: by Lisarenee (last edited Aug 08, 2012 07:30AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 19 comments C.H.O.M.P (the Random Ranterer) wrote: "Lisarenee wrote: "Can you link to an example of what you're talking about?"

(I'm using from a blogger that I admire) http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.c......"

I just found this link that I believe is the correct answer to your question:

http://www.squidoo.com/html-backgrounds-

Use it inside the blockquote html (use < and > around the word blockquote and /blockquote to end it) to indent it within the post.

message 20: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Thanks so much! :)