Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Writing for Business
This topic is about Writing for Business
Adding New Books > Please add Writing For Business, by Christopher Shevlin

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments It'd be great if you could add this older book of mine too.

Title: Writing for Business
Author: Christopher Shevlin
ISBN: 9780141016771
Publication date: 30 June 2005
Format: Paperback, 4.4" x 7.1"
Description:

Business demands many different writing skills – from creating proposals and presentations to compiling reports and briefings. This one-stop, no-nonsense guide shows you how to improve your writing at work, including how to discover your strengths and weaknesses, how to identify your audience, and how to develop your argument and keep information flowing while avoiding overused jargon. It shows you how to make the most of the language you use and make your writing effective and influential.

Cover link: http://www.penguin.co.uk/static/cover...

message 2: by lafon حمزة (last edited Jun 16, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments It was already on the site.
Here is the link to the book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/78...

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Thanks, Iafon. I don't know why I couldn't find it when I searched.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments Possibly because it was listed under Chris Shevlin, rather than Christopher. Chris has now been merged with Christopher, so you have three books (and a harsh review from yourself!) on your author profile.

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Thanks for merging them, Michael. And you have to be honest with yourself, don't you? It's out of print now anyway.

message 6: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) Just as a side note, if you're interested in claiming your author profile, you can do that here. :)

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Thanks, Amara. I've requested it, but I think it takes a few days.

message 8: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) 2-3 business days, usually. :)

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Excellent. I should have control of myself by Wednesday then.