Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax, by Christopher Shevlin

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments I'd be very grateful if you could add my new book to your database:

Title: The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
Author: Christopher Shevlin
ISBN: 978-0-9569656-0-8 (Paperback) and 978-0-9569656-1-5 (Kindle)
Publisher: Albatross Publishing
Publication date: 1 June 2012
Format: Paperback, 5" by 8"
Description:

‘Jonathon Fairfax was astonished. This was nothing new. His first memory of being astonished dated from the age of three, when his mother had quite casually suggested that, instead of wearing a pair of comfy watertight pants, he should spend the rest of his life holding in his wee and poo. Now, seventeen years later, he was astonished because a huge, terrifying man in a smart dark-red balaclava was asking him directions.’

The man in the balaclava is on his way to a murder. From this point on, the range of things that astonish Jonathon Fairfax rapidly expands. Soon it includes not merely his own pants but conspiracy, secret government documents (lightly buttered), a strikingly cool private detective/loss-adjustor, a low-speed car chase, a fight to the death on a very small balcony, and a woundingly beautiful girl called Rachel.

‘Great – incredibly readable, very funny, and an engaging, well-crafted novel.’
Melissa Pimentel, Curtis Brown

Cover link: http://christophershevlin.com/front-c...

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments Doing it now

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Fantastic. Thanks very much, Michael.

message 4: by Michael (last edited Jun 16, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Michael | 262 comments Hi Chris

I've added both editions of your book and updated your author profile with a photo, your website address and Twitter account and added a blog feed. You can check it out here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

and make any changes that you want to, or post again here if you need any help. :-)

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Thanks again, Michael. I didn't know you could add a link to my blog. There are just two tiny things to change, if that's all right: there's a full stop at the beginning of the website URL, which stops the link working; and the opening quote is missing from the first paragraph of the description, which is an excerpt from the book.

I've only just found out about Goodreads, but it seems great.

Cheers,

Chris

message 6: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Already got the link fixed, and description is now done.
Also to claim you author profile go here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Shevlin | 9 comments Brilliant – thank you. I've already applied to claim my profile, but it takes a few days, I think.