Numb3rs discussion

Games > Weekly Math Puzzle

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 108 comments Mod
I think I solved this weeks math puzzle: Arrow of King! I'm really excited! I hope I got it right! Here is the link if you want to give it a try: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/numb3rs/...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I solved it.

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments I didn't try. :P I will next week tho!

message 4: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

It's still up Kelly, so you can give it a try if you want.

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments I'm going to give it to my little brother. :) Maybe we'll figure it out together. :D

message 6: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yeah, it's actually a pretty easy one this week. It's sort of like Sudoku. Have you ever tried a Sudoku puzzle? They're really fun!

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments lolz, once I figured out what they meant, I realized it wasn't that hard. My little brother has almost figured it out, and I'm sure I could, I'm just lazy and preoccupied. Besides, it's keeping him out of my hair. :P

message 8: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Jan 10, 2009 03:49PM) (new)

LOL! So.....have you tried any Sudoku puzzles?

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Yeah, he just finished it! Nope, I've never tried them- they're in the newspaper, aren't they? I just sent my brother to get the paper and do one...again, keeping him busy! They look fun, though!

message 10: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yep, those are the ones. They are very fun!

message 11: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Has anyone tried to solve this weeks math puzzle (Magic 8 Cube)? I haven't yet, but it looks cool!

message 12: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yay! I think I solved all four of the math puzzles for this week (Magic 8 Cubes)! Has anyone else tried them yet? They're REALLY fun! Rather like Suduko again. Give them a try! =D

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Its hard!

message 14: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Which one(s) are you stuck on? I can try to give you a hand. :)

message 15: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (last edited Feb 09, 2009 10:17AM) (new)

Okay, so I checked my answers to the solution to last weeks puzzle (Magic 8 Cubes) and it says that I got C. wrong. I don't understand what they mean. Here is the instruction:

C. Arrange the numbers 1-12 on the edges so that faces and parallel edges have magic sum 26.

I did that! In fact, it seems as if they didn't count the top square or bottom square as a "face". Their bottom square has the sum of 13 and their top square has the sum of 39. All of my faces (including the top and bottom squares) have the sum of 26. What am I missing? Please help!!!

message 16: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Hello?

message 17: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 43 comments Oh geez...i didn't even try that one...>.<

message 18: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

lol! Can you spot anything I'm missing, though? (follow link at the top of this thread)

message 19: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Okay, this week the puzzle is Knots. Any thoughts? I'm going to guess that the one on the left is the unknot and the one on the right is the trefoil knot. (?)

message 20: by Elaine, Approximately Normal. (new)

Yeah, so I guess I got it wrong (the Knots one). =( Big surprise. lol!