CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Writings > Guidelines

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok so this thread is where you can post all of your writings. They can be poems, short stories, or chapters to a book you're writing. This is how it's going to work. If you want to post your writings create a topic in this thread and name it "So and so's writings". Then in the topic you can tell us about your writings (whatever) you want to say. If the writing isn't short enough to post just add a link to your writings (no matter if they're on here or on another site). I'll make an example out of my own writings in case this was confusing. Oh! And make sure to say if you want comments/critism/likes on your writing or not. Make sure to respect everyone's writings and remember IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. If your comment is just going to hurt don't say it. If it's something that needs to be said inbox that person, but respect them and their work or your own writings will be deleted!!!!!! So be loving and kind.

message 2: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I know more people in this group write than just me and Maribel!!! So yea post your writings we want to read them!!

message 3: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
ummmmm i write stories but i usually give up on them twenty pages in. i have a one hundred twenty name name bank though if u guys need help with character names :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I try to go slow and steady on my work. It takes me forever to finish a novel. I haven't even finished it! Only four chapters in! XD I've got a great idea for NaNoWriMo! Yay!

message 5: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok so I have a new rant and I'd love some help with it. I'm look for constructive critism. I want to know if what I wrote is understandable, proved well, on point and all that good stuff. It's a semi-rant/lesson/lecture/essay/arguement about the church, religions, denominations, and the people behind it. Now I want critism about what is said NOT about the topic. If anyone wants to argue about what I say start a new topic and we can talk/discuss it there. Ok? Thanks a mill!! Oh yea and it's pretty long, but please at least try to skim it!!!! http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

Allison Linnette (allisonma) Caro wrote: "ummmmm i write stories but i usually give up on them twenty pages in. i have a one hundred twenty name name bank though if u guys need help with character names :)"

Oh I would love help with names. I have this story I'm thinking about starting soon, and I need at least 24 or more names!

message 7: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) My personal favorite names:

Ashley
Cole
Sebastian
Matthew
Will
David
Tyler
Aiden
Josh
Alexander
Camille
Carter
Xavier
Dimitri

Allison Linnette (allisonma) Valencia wrote: "My personal favorite names:

Ashley
Cole
Sebastian
Matthew
Will
David
Tyler
Aiden
Josh
Alexander
Camille
Carter
Xavier
Dimitri"

Dimitri is one of my favorites too.

message 9: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I don't have many girl names oh I forgot Rose and Kate are good names.

message 10: by Allison Linnette (new)

Allison Linnette (allisonma) Some of my favorite girl names are Olivia and Rosa Amelia (my grandma showed that one to me) and my all time favorite is any variation of Katherine.

message 11: by Valencia (last edited Aug 05, 2012 01:53AM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) Oh Amy/Aimee is a gorgeous name too!!

message 12: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

haha nice. i dont really like rose but i like rosalie. i usually dont go with character names that are normal like emily or hannah or claire or something. i like more creative ones. i have a notebook of names i add too when im bored in class (lolz i have nothin better to do) like verissa, vivya, laila, juliette, Ilona, Carali, Carissa, Celianne, Lexa Rose, Brynn, Taelia, Rissa, Arica etc etc

message 13: by Allison Linnette (new)

Allison Linnette (allisonma) I like the name Juliet mostly because you can give them the nickname Jules, which I love!

message 14: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Crystal is pretty too. It would be funny if you a triplets and named them Crystal, Jules, and Ruby. Ha I would do something like that.

message 15: by Allison Linnette (new)

Allison Linnette (allisonma) Valencia wrote: "Crystal is pretty too. It would be funny if you a triplets and named them Crystal, Jules, and Ruby. Ha I would do something like that."

Oh I see what you did there! Yeah, that'd be so funny.

message 16: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

thatd b cool!

message 17: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Allison Linnette wrote: "Some of my favorite girl names are Olivia and Rosa Amelia (my grandma showed that one to me) and my all time favorite is any variation of Katherine."

Katherine (spelled exactly the same way) is my middle name!

message 18: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Maribel wrote: "I have written 92 stories so far and counting. Just saying *whistles*"

Wow.

message 19: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments My name? What about it? wrote: "I try to go slow and steady on my work. It takes me forever to finish a novel. I haven't even finished it! Only four chapters in! XD I've got a great idea for NaNoWriMo! Yay!"

That's creepy, it's EXACTLY the same way for my novel! But that novel sucks, so I probably am quitting it.

message 20: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

great

message 21: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Caro wrote: "great"

Who's sarcastic now?

message 22: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

oops forgot to put the smiley face :)

message 23: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Oh, okay! :)

message 24: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments But, wait, how is that great???

message 25: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

haha IDK i was preoccupied

message 26: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Whatever you say! LOL. :)

message 27: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Valencia wrote: "Crystal is pretty too. It would be funny if you a triplets and named them Crystal, Jules, and Ruby. Ha I would do something like that."

or Kylie, Riley and Miley :P

message 28: by Loegwen (new)

Loegwen | 14 comments I know these triplets that are named Zara, Tara, and Kara.

message 29: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

oh thats cute,

message 30: by Loegwen (new)

Loegwen | 14 comments They are all three years old and they are all adorable! One day they were each dressed in different shades of light pink with matching hair bows for Easter and it was the cutest thing!

message 31: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I'ma name my sons Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John haha! Cute, sweet and simple ^_^

message 32: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Loegwen wrote: "I know these triplets that are named Zara, Tara, and Kara."

That's kinda cute...

message 33: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Loegwen wrote: "They are all three years old and they are all adorable! One day they were each dressed in different shades of light pink with matching hair bows for Easter and it was the cutest thing!"

That is so cute!

message 34: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 58 comments Valencia wrote: "I'ma name my sons Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John haha! Cute, sweet and simple ^_^"

:)

message 35: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

oh thats soooo sweet!!

message 36: by Allison Linnette (new)

Allison Linnette (allisonma) Sariah wrote: "Allison Linnette wrote: "Some of my favorite girl names are Olivia and Rosa Amelia (my grandma showed that one to me) and my all time favorite is any variation of Katherine."

Katherine (spelled ex..."

Awesome! I love that name so much!

message 37: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

haha nice...i like fancier spellings of katherine like kathryn

message 38: by Allison Linnette (new)

Allison Linnette (allisonma) me too, and that's a nice way to spell it! I like it with a C too

message 39: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

oooh yeah that too! and kathleen

message 40: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments i love messing with spelling.

like Christina.

Christina
Krystina
Kirstina
Kirstyna
Krysteena
Kristyna
Kristina
Chrystina
Christyna

:P

message 41: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

ikr same,

message 42: by Aerykah (last edited Aug 16, 2012 09:18PM) (new)

Aerykah | 451 comments LOL! I saw that y'all were talking about names & messing with spelling and I just had to laugh. I love names!! And switching the spelling around from the "normal" spelling is so much fun!! :D
My family thinks I'm just a bit crazy and claims that my kids will never be able to learn how to spell their names... ;)

message 43: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 451 comments Caro wrote: "haha nice. i dont really like rose but i like rosalie. i usually dont go with character names that are normal like emily or hannah or claire or something. i like more creative ones. i have a notebook of names i add too when im bored in class (lolz i have nothin better to do) like verissa, vivya, laila, juliette, Ilona, Carali, Carissa, Celianne, Lexa Rose, Brynn, Taelia, Rissa, Arica etc etc"

Some nice names there, Caro. ;)

message 44: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

ikr aeryakh! and thanx cari :)

message 45: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

so is anyone going to add anything?? :)

message 46: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Yum? :) I'm eating an orange.

message 47: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

great i gtg ttyl

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

So....how do I create a thread thing?

message 49: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

oh these are the guidelines just for writing. for a writing thread go to the top press add new thread go to click folder and pick a folder! name post and tada!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! Maybe I'll make one some time.....

« previous 1