The Dusty Bookshelf discussion

General Book Discussions > Infinite Jest

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments PLEASE... SOMEONE READ THIS WITH ME!!!!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 63 comments That's a big book. I'd love to but got too many others on the go.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments I know.. I think it would be more enjoyable if I had.someone I could talk about it with.

message 4: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Beck | 8 comments Jessica wrote: "I know.. I think it would be more enjoyable if I had.someone I could talk about it with."

OK Jessica I'll bite, it's been staring at me and taking up a big chunk of my bookshelf plus most of all, it's supposed to be excellent so ... takes big breath...
Give me a couple more days to finish my current read and I'll begin. It may take a while initially as I have busy week coming up. Looking forward to it!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments YEA!!!!!! let me know when you are ready.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments are we starting today? I have goodreads as an app on my phone so it makes it hard to actually just message you.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 63 comments I just got a copy from the library. I should be able to start it by the weekend, with any luck at all.

message 8: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Beck | 8 comments Oops missed your message. Started 2 days ago but only approx 20 or so pages into it so far. Have to say it's already sunk it's teeth into me and I'm really enjoying it! Quite unique..

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments Great .... I'm excited that the three of us are tackling it... I'm not the fastest reader so I'm going to start tonight. I think starting this weekend should be fine Barbara. I can't wait to get your feedback.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 63 comments I read the introduction last night, and found it intriguing. :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments i'm enjoying it but damn i hate tennis.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments Thank you for taking the time to pick up this book I'm not sure I could/would have been able to finish it without you two. If either one of you have a book that's been taunting you... I definately wouldn't mind returning the favor.

message 13: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Beck | 8 comments Likewise Jessica, glad you got me motivated to pick it up and start! Who knew it would be about Tennis (Ha!) and a few other things too. Crazy crazy book, I especially enjoyed working my way through James Incandenza's filmography. Well 160 pages in and only 3000 or more to go...

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments :)... I really love the rehab stuff... I agree with the ha?! Tennis . Barbara where are you in the book?

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 63 comments I haven't got back to it yet. :(

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments my review ... this book ate my soul excreted it back out... put it into a paper bag and left it flaming on my door step.

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 63 comments That doesn't sound very positive.

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica T. (jessicaola) | 79 comments ha ha! it's not.