Rotters Rotters discussion

Even Better as an Audiobook?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Every now and again, I come across a book that I think is actually better on audio. I would put Rotters in that category. The reader was so good that I found myself almost transfixed in the madness of it all.

What do other people think and also I am just eager hear what people thought of this deliciously gruesome book!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy We just listened to 2/3s on a road trip--the reader IS amazing. One of the best readings I've ever heard. We had to set it aside, however, since it was getting way too strange for my family. Now I'm trying to find a spoiler to see how it all came out!

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy You have to finish it (alone)! It gets even stranger.

Bmankiewicz I listened to it and got so hooked I had to have a hard copy too, since I only listen in the car. Lucky for me I work in a library and had access to both. I think the recording is very good. I felt I could see everything before my eyes. I am not sure who to recommend this book to, as a librarian, but I do think it is good. I am not sure it is really YA, which is where we have it, and the population I serve.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee I almost felt myself cringing in a few places with the narration...I don't know if it would have been as powerful just reading it...I managed to tweet with the narrator a bit during the listen - it sounded like he had a great time recording it

message 6: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy That's so great! Yes, I agree. I found myself alternating between cringing and laughing simply because I couldn't believe how far the author was taking the story.

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee my review starts out if anyone had told me I would be reading a book about grave-robbers a month ago, i would have laughed in your face...

Nina I have had so many good books murdered by a terrible narrator, but this one was amazing. Good job, sirs.