Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Which book in the Hunger Games trilogy did you enjoy the most?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Skylar (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skylar Which book did you like best? The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, or Mockingjay? (I personally enjoyed the first book the most.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed the 3rd the best because of peeta and katniss being together. I cried in catching fire bc peeta almost died. I was panicing

Crystal Catching Fire!

Ramida Definitely the first.

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ In order of likeness, (1 being best.):

1) Catching Fire
2) Hunger Games
3) Mockingjay

Taylor 1) The Hunger Games
2)Catching Fire
3) Mockingjay

Chase Beck The first by far, the love triangle of Katniss, Peeta and Gale was starting get annoying in the other two

Maya 1)Catching Fire
2)The Hunger Games
3)Mockingjay

AnYee Lovegood Catching fire! The most excitement, hints of more and fascinating characters.

Cecelia 1) The First Book in the series
2) The Second Book in the series
3) The Third Book in the series

I invite all of you to read my blog and comment on my book reviews for these titles. What'd you guys think of the movie?
http://ceceliadowdy.blogspot.com/sear...

Hannah 1. Hunger Games
2. Catching Fire and Mockingjay (they're equal)

Stina Nilsson I enjoyed the 1st one the most!

Heather I enjoyed catching fire the most

Kaitlyn The first was the best. The second was good but Mockingjay was okay.

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Catching fire, Hunger Games, Mockingjay

message 16: by Ann (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ann Gimpel I liked Hunger Games the best. Catching Fire was all right. Mockingjay had problems.

Nellie i enjoyed Mocking jay the most exedpt i think she should of been w/ gale

Bridget i liked the first one, The Hunger Games, the best

Tawnee Calhoun I love all of them, but I think the first one is my favorite. It's really hard to decide though, because I love all of them pretty much equally!

Martha i liked the first book the most.

Michelle Definitely the first book because the writing was so present and it was action after action with excellent descriptions. The writing for the second and third installment were not the same. It felt like she glossed over a few things.

Amber The hunger games, then catching fire, lastly mockingjay. I did really enjoy the ending in mockingjay. I thought it was beautiful though yes rushed.

message 23: by Bethan (last edited Jun 20, 2012 02:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bethan the hunger games was the best
catching fire was also good
mockingjay was good but depressing

Danielle I liked the 1st one the best

Azhia I really enjoyed Catching Fire , Hunger Games was good too & I didnt like Mockingjay.

Hibaq Farah Catching fire

message 27: by E (new) - rated it 5 stars

E I found the first book to be the best-written, but my favorite was Catching Fire. I liked the characters in the Quarter Quell and the alliance Katniss and Peeta formed. This was also the book where Peeta and Katniss's relationship was the most developed. The plot twists in Mockingjay were great, but it was very dark because of the depression and trauma that Katniss goes through. It probably moved me the most, but they were feelings of despair, whereas Catching Fire had more positive moments.

Rachel catching fire

Marie-Claude aka MC Hunger Games. HANDS DOWN. It's not even a question. The 2nd book was really good too...

But don't get me started on the third. Epic fail. It ruined the entire series for me...

Matjaž Mirt First was really good. Second was ok. Third ... disappointed.

Saadia the 1st one

message 32: by Kemi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kemi For me, the first book was the best by far, followed by Catching Fire.

Mockingjay was a little dissapointing.

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel The first book! I felt like it should have been a standalone, but Catching Fire was okay, although Mockingjay was TERRIBLE

Sarah I like the first one the most, then Catching Fire then Mockingjay.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} Hunger Games and Catching Fire were pretty much equal, Mockingjay I didn't like quite as much even though it was still a fairly good book.

Jean Grey | RomanticDeception I loved them all but Catching Fire is my personal favorite :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Book 1 & 2 were awesome, but I think book 3 was rushed and a little dry. The focus seemed to zoom all over the place, whereas in the first two books it was direct, to the point, and full of action.

Chisom Catching Fire is my favorite. I mean i loved The Hunger Games but i felt we understood way more and had a lot more action in the second book

Jean Grey | RomanticDeception Plus the second one had an awesome arena. Way cooler than the arena in the first one.

Liana Liana CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!
I love all the books so much it's ridiculous but Catching Fire just got me. I love how there is so much development in the characters we already know about and how there is a huge amount of new ones. But the main reason I love Catching Fire the most is because of F.I.N.N.I.C.K!!! OMG I WANTED TO JUMP INTO THE BOOK AND DEVOUR HIM WHEN HE WAS INTRODUCED!! I've never been obsessed with a book character like I am with him. I LOVE CATCHING FIRE!!

Marisa I loved The Hunger Games.

I liked Catching Fire, though found it to be a bit repetitive.

And I thought Mokingjay was okay, but it had major issues to it that just frustrated me beyond belief.

message 42: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Oh I think the second book was the best.. It had the ideas from the first, but the plot was much more developed, and the story just got better! The third was kind of lame, come to think of it.

message 43: by Roan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roan I think I enjoyed Catching Fire more. I love the Quarter Quell.

Nicole D. Mockingjay was my favorite.

Jaime Gailey I liked Catching Fire the best, Then Hunger Games, Then MockingJay, but the series as a whole was just great! Read all 3 in 9 days.

Jenny Barnard I think I'm going for Catching Fire, then Hunger Games and then Mockingjay but to be honest I read the whole trilogy over a long weekend and loved them all. They are well written and have a depth that will speak to you and move you and make you think but is not so in your face that you can't just enjoy the books as great fiction.
The characters in the Quarter Quell in Catching Fire were amazing and I have a very vivid picture of what everyone looks like in my mind.
The descriptions of The Capitol in The Hunger Games were so sumptuous that they made your mouth water.

The way that Katniss is written in Mockingjay is so sad and haunting because she is so damaged that I wanted to protect her and cuddle her.

They are now in my list of all time favourite books which is a rare hapenning

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

The first one. The other two were far too rushed and weren't as well thought out.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the first one best, then the third and then the second. Catching fire was really hard to finish.. A "bit" boring..

Alyce I liked the first one the best. Then the second, then the third.

message 50: by Sab (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sab I liked Hunger Games better because it was original, then Catching Fire... Half of the time it was the same thing as Hunger Games and the other half was boring. Mockingjay I hated! It was so sad and tragic! I started to feel bad while reading it!

« previous 1