David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > Weekend reading...

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

What are your weekend reads. Share with us here.

Here are mine...

I hope to finish

Archangel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #3) by David Estes tonight.

Then onto Stephanie Judice Rising by Stephanie Judice can't wait to start this one!!!

If time allows I also hope to start Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I am hearing so much about Daemon. I can't take it anymore! LOL

What are you reading?

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments My two chapter reads Mark of the Princess (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1) by B.C. Morin Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1) by David Estes

I am also reading Rapture by Lauren Kate Jackal Moon by Jeanette Battista

I want to do a buddy read next week Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 3: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) Actually I don't feel like reading anything during the weekend. I'm desperately waiting for my friend to finish The Help by Kathryn Stockett so I can finally read it. I can't seem to get into a book because I really want The Help now. The wait is killing me!

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 1 comments Just started trapped by Michael Northrop, , hope to finish it this weekend

message 5: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "My two chapter reads Mark of the Princess (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1) by B.C. MorinAngel's Evolution by T.A. Chase

I am also readingThe Rapture of Canaan by Sheri ReynoldsJackal Moon by Jeanette Battista

I want to do a buddy read next week Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton"

Aren't we buddy reading Obsidian?

message 6: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 237 comments The Faerie Ring (The Faerie Ring, #1) by Kiki Hamilton and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1) by Ransom Riggs

message 7: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) The Help was a fabulous book! :D

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora (Mrs. Cullen Grey) wrote: "Tina wrote: "My two chapter reads Mark of the Princess (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1) by B.C. MorinAngel's Evolution by T.A. Chase

I am also readingThe Rapture of Canaan by Sheri ReynoldsJackal Moon by Jeanette Battista

I want to do a buddy read next week [boo..."

ABSOLUTELY WE ARE!!! :) just waiting for you to let me know when. ;)

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 17 comments will it be Obsidian??

message 10: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Kelly wrote: "will it be Obsidian??"

Oh yeah!

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 17 comments Cool, I haven't read it yet & heard it's great!!

message 12: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Kelly wrote: "Cool, I haven't read it yet & heard it's great!!"

I know, me too! Can't wait!!

message 13: by Johns (new)

Johns I just finished Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth and started Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth yesterday. That, and The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross .

message 14: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Everybody BETTER answer this question the same!

What are YOU ALL reading this weekend?!!!

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes

Any posts with a different book will be automatically deleted!!! LOL

Happy reading everyone!!!!

David we are all so excited for you. Well really us. See you've read the book already so you know what happens already. So at the end of the day the excitement is really all for us. Unless the book is horrible. Then I really feel bad for you. But that's not gonna happen!!!!

Go Mr. Blue Eyes!!!!

CAN I GET A WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 237 comments My ideal weekend would be getting through all 12 of the library books I have sitting in my room, but I think that that's pretty ambitious even for me. So I'll content myself with at least finishing:

Bloodline (Bloodline, #1) by Katy Moran
Eve (Eve, #1) by Anna Carey
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Woot woot!

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Lol thanks D'vora I really hope you all love it!!!

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments I bought The Moon Dwellersyesterday, but have to finish Pure Healing and Legends Lost before I can read it.

message 19: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) I recently finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare , and am currently reading Moonsong (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #2) by L.J. Smith

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth, #0) by Terry Goodkind , than I'll start on I Am Number 4 by Pittacus Lore . I'm now reoranizing my Amazons Wishlist for my soon TBR list and I did add Moon Dwellers, this one does look like my type of read.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Already finished The Moon Dwellers awhile ago, um, yeah, for the second time, lol.

Just finished Joe
Joe by H.D. Gordon

Grrrrr Amazon is PO'ing me off, it still not up there.

Also finishing up one that I beta read awhile ago, but now reading the final version that Kate just sent me,
Dream Bound by Kate Douglas

Then onto the ARC's I just got from Spencer Hill Press I think...
Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout & Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout

But I have to read Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2) by Christie Rich first I think cause I have the next in that series to beta..... darn those four days at the beach really but me behind!!!!

LOL

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Awesome, thanks everyone who's bought The Moon Dwellers already!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think of it!!

message 23: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Awesome, thanks everyone who's bought The Moon Dwellers already!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think of it!!"

I'm reading it right now. Well, not RIGHT now. RIGHT now I am typing that I am reading the book. When I'm done typing then I plan to go and read it.

Anyway....I am loving it!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

On Saturday I plan to start reading Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2) by David Estes and hopefully, if I find the time I'll start The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes

But I'm going to read them slowly and take my time to read them, I don't want to rush myself like I did with the first evolution book.

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks Hannah, happy reading!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

David wrote: "Thanks Hannah, happy reading!!!"

No thank you David for writing an excellent book series.

message 27: by Dvora (last edited Jul 06, 2012 10:36AM) (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments For those of you who have not yet read David's book, The Moon Dwellers I hope you get to it this weekend. I already read it and have no idea what you all are waiting for!! LOL

This weeken I plan on starting Once An Eve Novel by Anna Carey . And I would also love to start Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Has anyone read matched?

Happy reading everyone! I hope you all have a fabuloso weekend!!!

message 28: by Nereid (new)

Nereid (nereidp) | 18 comments Hi guys, I am started Exhumed and can't wait to read the adventures of Zara and her new undead boyfriend LOL! Exhumed by Skyla Dawn Cameron

message 29: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I'm reading Clockwork Angel and loving it!!

message 30: by Dvora (last edited Jul 12, 2012 04:41AM) (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "I'm reading Clockwork Angel and loving it!!"

I can't wait to start that series! I think I might start it next.

message 31: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

You totally should, its amazing!! Have you read The Mortal Instruments yet? I'd recommend reading at least the first three before Clockwork Angel :)

message 32: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "You totally should, its amazing!! Have you read The Mortal Instruments yet? I'd recommend reading at least the first three before Clockwork Angel :)"

I can never remember the order to all the books. Can someone list them...in order, please. THANKS!

message 33: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol sure :)
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls

I think I got that right off the top of my head. I've only read up to City of Glass and now I'm reading Clockwork Angel :)

message 34: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 823 comments City of Bones was on Amazon for 99. Not sure if it still is but it is only for kindle. If you have one I would check it out.

message 35: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tracy wrote: "City of Bones was on Amazon for 99. Not sure if it still is but it is only for kindle. If you have one I would check it out."

I don't like to read on kindle or nook, etc. I only like books. ;)

message 36: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Lol sure :)
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls

I think I got that right off the top of my head. I've only read up to City of Glass and now I'm readi..."

Thank you David!

message 37: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day already started it!
Then I am thinking about reading Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
I've only read 5% of it.

message 38: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day already started it!
Then I am thinking about readingDivergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
I've only read 5% of it."

Please tell me how Bared to You is! I want to read it.

message 39: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments So far it's getting a little steamy. LOL Seems similar to Fifty.

message 40: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "So far it's getting a little steamy. LOL Seems similar to Fifty."

Excellent!

message 41: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments What is everyone reading this weekend?

I have really been wanting to read Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie looking forward to diving into it tonight!

message 42: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora, did you finish Matched? If so, how was it?

message 43: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Whats on everyones list for this weekend? I finished Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie tonight so I plan on going to get Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie tomorrow and start that. Anyone here read The Time Travelers Wife? It was on sale and I have heard good things about it, so I bought it.

message 44: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Adele and i both want to read Crossed soon too! Let us know how it is :) I'm reading Cinder :)

message 45: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Adele and i both want to read Crossed soon too! Let us know how it is :) I'm reading Cinder :)"

Ooooo, please tell me how Cinder is!

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Definitely let us know how Cinder is, everytime I am at the bookstore I think about buying it.