Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > difference between ebook and e-book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saritz) | 157 comments Is there any difference between an ebook and e-book. Whenever I am editing or adding a book I've always wondered why is there a separate option for the two. Hope somebody will an answer this question. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments You can click on "other" next to the format dropdown box and input any format you want This is likely where the "e-book" format comes from, as the only option in the dropdown is "ebook."

They are the same thing though, and if I were updating a book that used "e-book" as the format, I would probably update it to use "ebook" from the dropdown menu.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saritz) | 157 comments Huh. You are absolutely right! It never occurred to me that other people had access to the entry so they probably were the ones who put the "e-book" entry there. I checked one book just now and only the "ebook" option is included. Thanks for clearing that up to me.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42487 comments Mod
Actually, we just yesterday fixed a bug that started a few days earlier. For a short time "ebook" and "e-book" were both on the dropdown, but that's all fixed, including the affected books.