Horror Illusion discussion

Hello

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selena (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:38AM) (new)

Selena | 7 comments I'm new to this group and I'm also fairly new to the genre I was hoping to find a place where I would be able to find good books and talk about some of the horror (or books that I'm confused about where they should be because I’m not sure if you would call them horror). As it appears I need some help. I have enjoyed the classic horror stories as well as author Gary Frank and Brom (he is the one i am confused about)

message 2: by Katya (new)

Katya | 1 comments Same here I am new aswell . Not new to the genre though . I love horror but also mysteries

message 3: by Selena (new)

Selena | 7 comments My knowledge of horror really just comes from the cinama and reading about in a classical sense but I'm trying to branch out and read some newer stuff any suggestions?

message 4: by Dina (new)

Dina Rae (dinarae) | 17 comments Hi All-I'm a horror author and am giving away three paperbacks of my horror book, Halo of the Damned. Enter for a chance to win. Most reviewers love it!

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...
Hi All-Three paperbacks for July giveaway! Enter a chance to win!

message 5: by Clark (new)

Clark Hays | 8 comments Selena, what sorts of books do you like? I think horror can cover a lot of territory, from classics like The Castle of Otranto or The Lady in White, all the way up to the very latest steampunk.

Give us a few titles of "regular" books you like and maybe others can offer some suggestions in the horror realm that match up well ... like wine and cheese. Or chocolate and peanut butter. Or whiskey and anything.

message 6: by Selena (new)

Selena | 7 comments Sorry it's taken so long to respond tome just kind of gets away from me from time to time. Clark to answer your question currently I'm The Stand King. Some other books I've very much enjoyed were A Clockwork

message 7: by Selena (new)

Selena | 7 comments ....Orange (sorry my computer posted before I was ready for it). Some other books were Dracula, Titus, Forever Will You Suffer, Child Thief, She's Come Undone. These are the ones that really come to mind

message 8: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Andrews (johnnyzombie-writer) | 4 comments Hi there, just a brief hello, i've posted up a short story called the path to hell, if you like a quick hellish read why not check it out.

Thanks Johnny Z writer

message 9: by Selena (new)

Selena | 7 comments Johnny wrote: "Hi there, just a brief hello, i've posted up a short story called the path to hell, if you like a quick hellish read why not check it out.

Thanks Johnny Z writer"

did you post it here in the group?

message 10: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Andrews (johnnyzombie-writer) | 4 comments no sadly, i posted on my page along with some other stuff of mine, i'm just getting used to goodreads myself aswel =)

message 11: by Selena (new)

Selena | 7 comments Good to know I'm not the only one to still be getting the hang of this site

message 12: by Cj (last edited Aug 04, 2012 08:47PM) (new)

Cj | 1 comments Johnny wrote: "no sadly, i posted on my page along with some other stuff of mine, i'm just getting used to goodreads myself aswel =)"

you might want to try writing under the Horror genre on QuoteV.com... that's where I go to write my short stories and they do very well.

message 13: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments I don't know where I can post this in this group but HELLO guys.

I started this seasonal series days ago. And I also shared this on my blog-site.

Have a look: MIDNIGHT VISITOR http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

Reymart Dinglasa