YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > Anniversary Game #5 - Reading is Its Own Reward Part 2 - WINNERS POSTED in message 1

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:20PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments This is our last game for the Anniversary week. Tomorrow we'll be posting a yearbook for everyone to sign, and the prizes that are not yet claimed will be awarded by lot - so remember to check in and sign. Today you have one last chance to prove you read some of the group books (or are a good guesser, because these aren't too hard.)

This quiz asks you to match a brief quote from an LGBT YA book to the title from which it comes. Again, no book links because I included some names and some pretty good identifiers in the quotes - some are easy, some harder. All highlight some of the excellent books that are out there. See how you can do.

www.goodreads.com/quizzes/18106-ya-lg...

Winners will be the best 3 scores among those who have not yet won a prize.

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Elci

Susan65Cougar

Rogier

Thanks to everyone who took the time to play.

Winners please look at the prize vault and PM Sammy with your choice and an email address so the author can get in touch with you!! Thank you!!

Congratulations!!!

If you haven't won anything yet, come sign the yearbook - the remaining prizes will be awarded by random drawing among our signers.

message 2: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments 6/15 with the "click anything" attempt haha

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Lizzie wrote: "6/15 with the "click anything" attempt haha"

Well I know it works - thanks for taking it hon! (And who knows, maybe it's tougher than I think.) ((hugs)) I appreciate you taking the time.

message 4: by Enny (new)

Enny | 8 comments 11 out of 15 - not too bad considering I haven't read some of the books yet and again I found new books for my TBR. If only Parrotfish was available as an ebook in Germany :(

message 5: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 397 comments omg i'm bad at guessing
only 2/15

i'm horrible

message 6: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Rogier wrote: "omg i'm bad at guessing
only 2/15

i'm horrible"

No surprise if you were guessing :) Thanks for playing though - it makes me feel good to see people took the time to try it ((hugs))

message 7: by Kaje (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:23PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Winners posted above - too bad more people didn't try it - you coulda been a contender...

message 8: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Congrats guys!! I sent you a pm!

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Rogier wrote: "omg i'm bad at guessing
only 2/15

i'm horrible"

Hey - look there; you took the time to come play, and the people with better scores were already winners so you get rewarded. Very cool.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) o_O I missed a game??? How did that happen? I didn't see it... :( *sob*

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Kat wrote: "o_O I missed a game??? How did that happen? I didn't see it... :( *sob*"

Well you can still take it - you're already a winner so it wouldn't matter anyway that you missed the prize deadline.

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) Kaje wrote: "Kat wrote: "o_O I missed a game??? How did that happen? I didn't see it... :( *sob*"

Well you can still take it - you're already a winner so it wouldn't matter anyway that you missed the prize dea..."

I can still take it? That's great :) It's not about the prizes I already won but the games are fun! )

message 13: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kat wrote: "Kaje wrote: "Kat wrote: "o_O I missed a game??? How did that happen? I didn't see it... :( *sob*"

Well you can still take it - you're already a winner so it wouldn't matter anyway that you missed ..."

Write in the yearbook Kat!!!

message 14: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Kat wrote: "I can still take it? That's great :) It's not about the prizes I already won but the games are fun! ) ..."

Oh good - they were fun to do. Yeah, we'll leave the book ones up anyway - they could be done by anyone who wants to.

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) Sammy2006 wrote: "Write in the yearbook Kat!!! "

It's done :)

message 16: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 Me? You have got to be kidding, lol, I am terrible at games. Thanks so much!

message 17: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 397 comments congrats susan

message 18: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Susan65"Cougar" wrote: "Me? You have got to be kidding, lol, I am terrible at games. Thanks so much!"

Write in the yearbook Susan!!

message 19: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Rogier wrote: "congrats susan"

Rog--write in the yearbook!

message 20: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "Rogier wrote: "congrats susan"

Rog--write in the yearbook!"

Hey, Rog was the first one there - go read it :)

message 21: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "Rogier wrote: "congrats susan"

Rog--write in the yearbook!"

Hey, Rog was the first one there - go read it :)"

ah--missed it--sorry Rog--lovely!! thank you!