Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Two Series: Same Books, Different Names

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 318 comments In updating some information on an edition of Howl's Moving Castle, I realized that there's a duplicate series, just with different names:

http://www.goodreads.com/series/80111...
&
http://www.goodreads.com/series/40343...

I'm not familiar with the series, so I don't really know which name is the "right" one, or if the series should be called "Howl's Castle" or "Howl's Moving Castle"... but either way, I don't think there needs to be more than one series.

Any thoughts on which series name we should go with?

message 2: by Amara (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:42PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) I couldn't find anything on the author's website to point out which was "right"/preferable. Wikipedia uses "The Castle Series". Various other sources use "Howl's Castle Series".

message 3: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 318 comments Yeah, I didn't see anything on the author's website either.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
The series has no official title, largely because it was not originally planned as a series. It's a book, and then she wrote a sequel, and another sequel.

Given the lack of an official title, I vote for what we usually do when there isn't one: call it by the title of the first book.

message 5: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 318 comments Sounds good to me. And looks like you already changed it! Sweet! Thanks!

message 6: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) So is this an acceptable solution? (I've deleted the duplicate entry.)

message 7: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 318 comments I fixed the main books so the series name in the title matches the new series name (not that that really matters, but...) I think it looks good. I like your description.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Sara ♥ wrote: "And looks like you already changed it!"

Not I. :)