One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) One for the Money question

Did anyone else read it in a jersey shore accent?
Colleen Hancock Colleen Hancock Jun 14, 2012 07:43PM
because i know i sure did lol

Ha! I'm not from Jersey, but I would love to hear it in a Jersey accent.

aside: I was disappointed in the movie, though. I thought it could have been WAY better.

Melonie The movie was actually better than I thought it would be, but it wasn't what it should have been. They totally ruined Ranger, missed the mark on Grand ...more
Jul 14, 2012 04:28PM · flag
Lesley I didnt go see the movie as I just couldnt imagine Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie Plumm & didn't want her in my head when I read more books. It would g=ha ...more
Jul 14, 2012 04:37PM · flag

Hey, I'm from Jersey. So how else would they sound?

I know I sure did! And where was Ranger's Puerto Rican accent plus his long sleek black hair? One For The Money movie would have been so much better with the Jersey style accents and some other things from the book like how Janet Evanovich went into detail on things that were just not in the movie. The movie was flat when it comes to the accents...they left the accents out completely and I was expecting to hear the Jersey accent come out of all of them.

The first six audiobooks were abridged and narrarated by Debbie Mazaar (I'm probably misspelling her name) and this is how I first found the series. She did an absolutely brilliant job at voicing Stephanie and the resst of the crew. Lorelei King (no offense, ma'am) is overprocessed whitebread in comparison, no texture or vavoom. I wish they had versions of all the books with Debbie Mazaar narrarating.

Thanks for the comments. I was thinking about going to see the movie. But like u said, in your mind u know how things should be, but when they put it in a movie it just don't seem right.

I don't think it could be any other way than in a Jersey accent! My mom grew up right in the heart of the book and my aunt still lives there, so I have been to some of the places that they talk about. Absolutely loved the series! At age 63, my mom actually picked up the first book and read every single one of them! I was so impressed to see her reading, she never has enjoyed it before!

I know I did!

I listened to the audio books and they did a Jersey accent. It was fun!