Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > A little help? :)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) This will be my first librarian edit, and I saw a moderator had posted this task for someone to do, and thought I'd pursue it.

Here's the link to the author's page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

The first book which appears is by a C. D. B. Bryan. TBD is the author's page and it also is listed as the author for the other books listed. Am I to assume this is definitely NOT the author first mentioned? I also noticed there are books which appear to be kids' sticker and board books, among others. I think my question is, should I just start by researching each book, and adding the info that way, or is TBD really an author? (I am assuming its not?) And also, since the first book on TBD's author page is by a different author all-together, how do I go about getting him off of the page?

Thanks!

message 2: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments My guess is that TBD stands for "To Be Defined", not a real author then.
In that case, for each book you'll have to search on the internet for the real author (preferably using the ISBN), change it, then maybe merge with other editions of the same book, if any.

Concerning the first book, it's merged with one edition with the wrong author's name : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/64...
Maybe this TBD is a consequence of the deletion of all data from amazon.

You don't start with a little task here, so good luck :)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
To Be Determined, actually. Most often a stand-in for the narrator on audiobooks.

message 4: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments I've been looking at a few of these, and there seem to be a lot of NAB's, although there are a few examples where the narrator or illustrator or whatever is already there and yet "Tbd" still exists.