Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > So this is what it's come down to, huh Clint...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Gran Torino is probably a really awesome movie, but I nearly fell off of the couch laughing tonight when the ad for it appeared on tv. Can't tell if this is supposed to be funny or not, but it is probably the greatest delivery of these words ever...

The line in question can be found at 1:14 of this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJjTy...

I so want to be this guy thirty years from now.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i am excited to get to see an old man plant his foot in those young punks ***. clint has done some great work since the Dirty Harry days and really branched out so i think it is cool that he may go out the way he came in...tough guy. (it also may make some of those wanna be gangsters out there leave the old people in their neighborhood alone)

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments "Get off my lawn."

LOL!! He sooo pwned them, in his Clint Eastwood way. I have mixed feelings about Clint... but only because he looks exactly like my damn ex-stepdad. He wasn't cool like Clint.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments he will always be the gunslinger cowboy to me. almost perfect mix of a soundtrack and a movie is the scene from Good, Bad & Ugly where he is stands up, looks steely-eyed [cue theme song - na na na na na---duuuh-duuuh-duh:] and flips back the mexican blanket poncho so his gun is accessible, and just waits...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

This movie just may "Make my Day".

Heidi's not weird.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments oops. posted that comment on the wrong discussion thread. fixed it. jim - that's just something that she had said. good job sticking up for her though

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. I want to see Gran Torino, too...I'll probably wait until the DVD is released, though...

My front lawn is small. There's not much room for standing on it.