Divergent Series (Veronica Roth) discussion

Divergent > Characters for the movie

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ashkenazy (rebashk) | 63 comments Mod
Who do you want to play who?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Or Logan Lerman as Tobias. I don't think Mia would be a good Tris. She's too old. But Anna Sopia Robb would be a good Christiana. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, I love Christina...but Beyonce?
Ha, that'd be cool. XD

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments I think that Elle Fanning would be a great Tris. Cause she'll be older, and idk she just reminds me (in looks) of Tris...

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments Hula wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I think that Elle Fanning would be a great Tris. Cause she'll be older, and idk she just reminds me (in looks) of Tris..."

I think she could do the part... :D Good choice, Nikki!"

Thanks! I just think Saoirse and Taissa will be too old for the part by the time the movie is being filmed. Max Irons will also be way too old..

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments And what about Uriah? At first I though Tyler Posey, but I'm not sure if he could play the part..

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments Hula wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Hula wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I think that Elle Fanning would be a great Tris. Cause she'll be older, and idk she just reminds me (in looks) of Tris..."

I think she could do the part......"

I know! Also I think when Logan gets older he'd be a perfect Tobias, but no one seems to agree with me!

message 8: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments Artemis wrote: "I voted on that site,and I think the only one good enough for Tris is Saoirse Ronan.Elle Fanning is not pretty in any way.Chloe Mortez girl is too...Happy,I suppose.Ronan isn't too pretty,but has t..."

Ronan will be too old. And Tris isn't supposed to be pretty. Which is why its hard to find the right actress

message 9: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (eric-bebrave) | 8 comments Katie wrote: "Hey guys guess what! The people who bought the Divergent and Insurgent movie rights realized no one could wait for the movie, and we wanted it NOW, so they're starting the filming NEXT YEAR!!!(2013..."

What website did you find that at?!?!
They better put up the casting, ASAP

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you guys send me the link? PLEASE! I have no idea where you found this!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! :) Thank you thank you!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so excited for the movie! I'm glad it's coming out sooner! :) :) Anybody know where to audition? ;)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

cool thank you! :)

message 14: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments I know it's kinda late to jump on the bandwagon here, but I was maybeee thinking Drew Roy for Tobias? If he grew out his hair a bit more?
And I like Elle Fanning for Tris

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

What about Dakota Fanning for Tris? She's about the right age isn't she?

message 16: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments Katie wrote: "NO WAY Elle Fanning for Tris. She doesn't remind me of her AT ALL!"

I'm more lenient with Tris. I haven't really seen an actress that stands out to me yet, but so far Elle Fanning is the best choice so far (in my opinion). And yes, I agree, Drew would need to do some major bulking up, but I really think he'd do great :)

message 17: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments Okay, I change my mind. Chloe Moretz for Tris all the way!

message 18: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 2 comments Hmmmm, I agree with Katie about Logan Lerman as Caleb.

Tris... not just because everyone keeps saying this, but I can imagine her looking somewhat like Mia Wasikowska

Tobais... this is a tough one. He must be perfect, haha. This Max Irons guy everyone keeps talking about- I can see a bit of Four in him (the more intense looking photos of him, but he still looks too happy, haha. I'm thinking like his look, but Rob Pattinson's sultry-ness, if that makes sense.

As for the rest of them... I have no idea.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE THOUGH!!!!

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Veight | 3 comments In my mind Four looks like Drew Roy (Hal from Falling Skies)

message 20: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Hula wrote: "Chloe could work, but I think Hayden Christensen could be Tobias. I'm not saying for sure, and I'm not totally convinced he could work, but he was pretty good in the movie, Jumper."

I'm not a big fan of Hayden Christensen, having only seen him in Star Wars, which he wasn't very good in.

I love the idea of Georgie Henley as Tris, if she dyed her hair blonde and toughened up. I love her :)

message 21: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 2 comments Everyone keeps saying Max Irons for the role of Tobias... I don't think so (and don't shoot me for saying so- hear me out!)

I agree, he is attractive in his own, cutesy little way, but that's the thing- he's too "cutsey" looking. Not 'Dauntless' enough (in my opinion). I imagine a tall, muscular, but not jacked guy, with dark, semi-tousled hair, high cheekbones, very intimidating but mysterious eyebrows, and piercing eyes.

HAH, good luck, Hollywood, finding someone like that ;D

message 22: by Codee (last edited Jul 17, 2012 12:36PM) (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments Alisa wrote: "Everyone keeps saying Max Irons for the role of Tobias... I don't think so (and don't shoot me for saying so- hear me out!)

I agree, he is attractive in his own, cutesy little way, but that's the ..."

Exactly, and plus he's in that new Host movie. Don't get me wrong, I love the book and I can't wait for the movie to come out, but I really don't like mixing actors, it just irks me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Drew Roy and Chloe Moretz :)

message 23: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Codee wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Everyone keeps saying Max Irons for the role of Tobias... I don't think so (and don't shoot me for saying so- hear me out!)

I agree, he is attractive in his own, cutesy little way, b..."

Not Chloe; Georgie Henley. Honestly, she just needs to ditch the accent, dye her hair blonde, and go into Dauntless mode. She's a very talented actress, so I think she's a safe bet. Drew Roy looks a bit too old for Four...

message 24: by Codee (last edited Jul 27, 2012 01:52PM) (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments The Mighty Katara wrote: "Codee wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Everyone keeps saying Max Irons for the role of Tobias... I don't think so (and don't shoot me for saying so- hear me out!)

I agree, he is attractive in his own, cutesy..."

I know his pictures aren't flattering, but when he's acting he can play younger. In Falling Skies, his character Hal is supposed to be in his late teens, and he pulls it off perfectly :)
And I love Georgie Henley too! I've never heard her without the accent, but if she can pull it off and act tough enough, I approve.

message 25: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Codee wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "Codee wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Everyone keeps saying Max Irons for the role of Tobias... I don't think so (and don't shoot me for saying so- hear me out!)

I agree, he is att..."

I know :) She has a heavy British accent, but she's kind of tough in her own way. Dye her hair, change her voice, and act Dauntless... she has quite the list of things to pull off lol. But I seriously hope she gets cast.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Kggelen wrote: "Logan doesn't look serious enough to be Four."

I agree

message 27: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie (kenziewells) | 7 comments Annasophia Robb for Tris

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) It's OFFICIAL!!!!!!! Shailene Woodley has been casted for the role of Tris!

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Maddie M (divergentgirl) | 3 comments WAIT IT

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Maddie wrote: "WAIT IT"

Huh?

message 31: by jackie (new)

jackie | 3 comments i agree with codee

message 32: by Kamila (new)

Kamila | 5 comments What do you think about Jay Duffy for Caleb? He would be perfect.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Well Alexander Ludwig and Colton Haynes are the possible candidates for the Tobias/Four role, but I think between the 2 it would be Haynes

message 34: by Codee (new)

Codee Meredith | 16 comments Love the Descendants, so I approve of Shailene :)

message 35: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livvie_simone) I think either Dakota or Elle Fanning would be good to play Tris :) So excited for this year! Catching Fire, City of Bones, Beautiful Creatures, Catching Fire, Catching Fire (*a proud obsessed fan*... along with Divergent too!) and the beginning of filming for Divergent (hopefully). 2013!