Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Fun and Games > Our Pets

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Okay, so I just got some brand new baby kitties! A brother sister pair, I named him Simon and her Remington, or Remmy for short. Well along with these adorables comes responsibility, like waking up at 5 AM, like I am now, to help them go potty. Anyways, tell me about you pets. Do you have a sweet pair of puppies, or perhaps a big, scary snake?

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Got a beautiful australian shepherd and a horse. The dog loves to show off and if she has an audience she will run a ball all over the yard and try to balance it on her nose. So cool.

message 3: by Tarah (new)

Tarah | 5 comments We have a dog, Harry Potter, 6yr old chihuahua. He is not your typical chi. He is very friendly and only barks when someone knocks at the door. Love him to bits, he is my best buddy. We also have a house bunny named Arthur. He is my baby. He is a total mooch. Anytime you open the fridge, he'll run from where ever to be for food. Then there is our snake, Orochi, who is an orange ghost ball python. He is so cool, so even tempered and likes to be held. And lastly, our Gecko, Leah. She has become extremely silly lately. Easiest pet to care for.

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Haha we have a Weinberg dog named Aubrey, she is mouthy and she thinks she owns the house. And Sammy is our lab/pit/boxer mix, and he is just a huge dope.

message 5: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments We currently have one dog and one cat. Our dog's name is Tundra. She's a Siberian Husky/Great Pyrenees mix. She's a really big girl but as sweet as can be. She loves everybody and wouldn't hurt a fly. All you have to do is pet her and she'll be your friend for life. I think sometimes she wishes she could be a lapdog too.:-)

Our cat, Lucy is a slightly overweight long-haired orange tabby. Almost every night she come and lays on my chest while I'm reading and the book absolutely cannot be in between her and me. If I even try, she put her nose under it and nudges it out of the way.:-)

I have pics of them in my GR profile, although the one of Lucy is a little outdated. She was still a kitten when that was taken.
http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/8...
http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/8...

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments love the pics, Julie.

My dog, Cara
Photobucket

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mrsmandy) We have two chihuahuas, Boots & Sox. They are brother and sister, but are about a year apart. Boots is 5 and Sox is 6, and they are my babies.

[image error][image error]

message 8: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Cute! My grandma has chihuahuas that are the fattest things you have ever seen! The little boy can hardly move he is so fat!

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Love the pics of all the sweetie babies!

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments cute dogs!

message 11: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments I once named one of my dogs Boots, but he was evil?

message 12: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments *!

message 13: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mrsmandy) Jordan wrote: "I once named one of my dogs Boots, but he was evil?"

LOL! My Bootsie is most definitely not evil; however, he is a big whiner..

message 14: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Haha my Boots used to tear at my rubber boots (hence the name) and poop everywhere and he hated baths! haha you got lucky with the non evil one :)

message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Awww! Love all the cute doggie pics.

message 16: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) My dog, Kissy, is in my profile picture. I have three others, all from a shelter.

message 17: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Marilyn your dog is adorable! Reminds me of my cousins dog. Sweet :)

message 18: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Jun 15, 2012 09:43PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) I have 2 furbabies that I rescued. Murphy is a pit bull/bull mastiff mix that I rescued from a young girl who couldn't keep him at her house so she was just letting whom ever she could find keep him. He was under nourished, neglected and abused when I got him. But such a happy well mannered boy now.

Puppies in Snow 003

Saturn is a pit bull/great dane mix. I rescued her in her final days at being at the animal shelter. She had been in the shelter twice. Once as a very small puppy, a family adopted her, the shelter picked her up for roaming the streets brought her back and tried to contact the family with no luck and then we adopted her when she was a year old. Now she is 3 and the sweetest baby girl. When I adopted her she was semi-trained and I couldn't understand why someone would just turn her loose.

Saturn

message 19: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments That's awesome that you adopted them. It always makes me sad when someone isn't able to take care of their pets.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) AWWWWWWWWW I love all the pics!!! Such sweet furbabies☺ I am animal lover and can handle just about any kind of animal but a snake. I am absolutely terrified of them and will have no part of any snake at any time LOL

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Oooh snakes and spiders freak me out!

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments I love all the pics, too!
We have a lovely Maltese cross called Chicki Rose who is now twenty months old. She came from the RSPCA at 13 months, after two previous owners. I'm going to take her out now for a walk, before it rains again. Bye!

message 23: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Walking after it rains is the best. It smells amazing. My dog love's to be walked, but he is so big he just tugs me along.

message 24: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments What breed is it, Jordan?
I used to have a Border Collie cross that was very strong, and hard to hang on to! Lovely girl, though!:)

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Love your furbabies, Robin! Thanks for posting.

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thanks for posting, Robin. They are lovely.

message 27: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Margaret - He is a lab/pitbull/boxer mix. And he is very strong haha!

message 28: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Jun 16, 2012 11:02AM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Thanks and you are very welcome!!! I love my furbabies more than I like most people LOLOL I spend a lot of time with them and they are just as spoiled as my kids if not more LOL They know exactly how to push my buttons or look at me to get what they want ☺

They even have nicknames LOL Murphy gets called Tubby or Tubs and Saturn usually gets called Girl. My youngest son calls them Slim Pickins' and Hefty Surplus LOLOLOL

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Jordan wrote: "That's awesome that you adopted them. It always makes me sad when someone isn't able to take care of their pets."

Thanks...yeah I wish I could adopt another one but my boyfriend would shoot me fer sure. Maybe just maybe I will be able to talk him into rescuing just one more LOL

I can handle spiders even though I don't like them, but snakes is definitely a different story.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Robin wrote: "My youngest son calls them Slim Pickins' and Hefty Surplus LOL"

LOL! Cute.

message 31: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) We have two Boxers....Maddie and Bentley, or as my niece calls them, MooMoo and Boozer!

We've had so many boxers in our family....they are super sweet and lovable.

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Robin I know how you feel my Dad is the same way, unless he wants the animals.

message 33: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments Jordan wrote: "Margaret - He is a lab/pitbull/boxer mix. And he is very strong haha!"
I can believe it! There's a lot of power in that mix!

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Margaret wrote: "Jordan wrote: "Margaret - He is a lab/pitbull/boxer mix. And he is very strong haha!"
I can believe it! There's a lot of power in that mix!"

OH Yes! Hahaha that is why he is lucky I take him anywhere but our pasture, because he can be really embarassing! He is just a big dope and he doesn't yet understand that you aren't allowed to jump on people!

message 35: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments Oh, well, at least he sounds friendly!

message 36: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments He is, he doesn't bite. He is a great dog.

message 37: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments That's good to hear!

message 38: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Yeah, we got some kitties but they're rowdy!

message 39: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments kitties are so cute!!!!!

message 40: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Haha I love kitties! I love when they're fat. I don't know why, I just do

message 41: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments They are so entertaining. Even as grown cats they can be entertaining. Especially around the catnip.

message 42: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments oh yes, the catnip! hahaha I love that stuff

message 43: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 85 comments Cats are so independent, and have strong personalities.:)

message 44: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Yeah, I'm getting them to where they wont flinch or run away when I try to pet them, but I think I'm the only one in the family that they like. The boy thinks I'm his mom because I cant leave for five seconds before he starts meowing for me to come hold him!

message 45: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I can't have cats anymore because I learned I'm allergic :( But I had one cat that would always be in my lap whenever I sat down.

message 46: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Pamela I'm sorry. Cats are great "relaxation" animals. Don't get me wrong, I love my dogs, but my cats are definetly great companions for a lazy day.

message 47: by ♥ℳelody (last edited Jun 19, 2012 11:56AM) (new)

♥ℳelody (melodiousimagination) Love seeing all these adorable pics of everyone's fur babies!

I LOVE dogs. If I could and if I had the time I would definitely get one.

I see I'm the only bird owner here. I have 3 little Parrotlets, I just got a baby boy from my uncle who felt bad that the little guy was so alone so he gave him to us. He's adorable and so full of energy and sings so loud for such a little guy. I'm just trying to train him now. If you guys have never seen parrotlets they are adorable little green balls of energy and have their own big personalities.

I'm a huge animal lover. If I could I would own parrots/birds of every kind and 4 dogs to go with it. lol

And I second the 'no snakes' policy. *shudders* Just..no.

message 48: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments No, no birds here. But I have owned birds in the past. Had a couple of finches once named Fred and Barney. My mom had some lovebirds at one time. They were noisey. And my hubby had a parrot before I met him but it flew away when he left the window open.

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I've done some "pet setting" for friends who have birds. They are really neat animals, Melody.

message 50: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments My grandma has tons of birds. They really are magnificent creatures, but I wouldn't want them.

« previous 1