ROBUST discussion

Author to Author > On the subject of Twitter love...could I please have some?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments My children's book, The Dragon Box has been free on Amazon for the past 24hrs and is currently sitting at #198. I'd love to get it higher. If you have time (and the inclination) could you tweet it for me? This is what I've been using -

Dragons, magic & an ogre with smelly feet! The Dragon Box, MG fantasy 8-12yrs FREE today! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FWQ296 #kidsebooks #kidsfantasy

Thank you!

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Off to my Twitter account to send the tweet...

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Thanks, Patricia. :)

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Anytime. I don't have a lot of followers, but I have two accounts. Sent it out via one, and retweeted with the other.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Thanks again. Every little bit helps. It wasn't as good as my last two giveaways, but still reasonably successful I think. We'll see if it boosts sales at all.

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Oops, I missed this. Looks like the book is doing okay though?

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Not too bad. Some sales since the freebie, but nothing on the scale of Mark of the Dragon Queen. That definitely seems to be my star.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Yay Katie!! Just had a look at MotDQ. Well-deserved!

message 9: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I've been watching the ranking of MotDQ - I'm green with envy.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Yeah, our Katie has already bought the white gloves and looked into hiring a convertible limo - or does the NYT provide that for parading their best-selling authors?

But she has assured us she will be sure to wave and smile extra large at us...

message 11: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments I hope she doesn't forget the little people (aka us).

message 12: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Kench!

What a bunch you are!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Ahem! Excuse me, but who are you people?

Seriously though, it is nice to be getting some cheques at last, but I'm still nowhere near where I'd like to be - able to give up the day job so I can write full time...but that's the dream of most writers, isn't it, and how many manage that?

message 14: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments There is nothing like getting that little tiny payment, and going out for coffee with it. :-)

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments In the case of Katie and me, if we get a cheque it will be over $100. So she can make that dinner...

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Yes, all head over here and I'll take you to the lovely Italian restaurant I went to the other night. Delicious!

message 17: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Ohhh - I see how you are!

message 18: by Sharon (last edited Jun 20, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments I'll just whip over to your area the next time I'm in Ozz, Katie. It's only about equal to travelling from our west coast to the east. Still, for an Italian dinner...

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments I wish you wouldn't talk about lovely dinners. Just had oatmeal for dinner (no groceries in the house). I'm feeling deprived, yet too lazy to go shopping.

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Kat, the dinner had nothing to do with being rich (hehe), it was to celebrate my niece just having performed in front of her family and peers as part of her 3rd Year University music performance exam (on viola)...and a great performance it was, too. Well worth celebrating.

message 21: by Andre Jute (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Yeah. While I was at the U of Adelaide, I wrote for Nation Review on the performing arts, and acted as a spotter for orchestras and impresarios, and every time a talented student gave a first public performance at the conserve I'd throw a party at Don Giovani's or La Mensa on North Terrace. Those were some of the best parties. Once, years later, when I was in there launching a book with a party for country librarians (or maybe broadcasters; I was in there twice a day for a week throwing a party for different groups of people because the local book distributor gave me a car and a house in a nice suburb free of charge for the six months I was in Australia that year), a woman from another table came over to say she always enjoyed catching my musical parties, and relating that she heard some violinist twice, once for free in the jam session in La Mensa, the next time for £25 at the Wigmore in London.