J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > How many Carmichaels are there ?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson I think it is hilarious; although I wish she hadn't felt she had to create the last one to fix a mistake but it was cute that she did. I wonder to Carmichael is in her life that is comes up so often.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13394 comments Mod
There's an Officer Carmichael and a Detective Carmichael. Tell us more about correcting a mistake? I wasn't aware of that but it makes sense.

message 3: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson In Innocence in Death, the usual group and "Officer" Carmichael are involved in a search. By that time the only Carmichael that had been around for some time was the detective. She got so many comments about the mistake, that in one of the later books, she plays it up, complaining about have too many Carmichaels, and keeps having to specify which one she means. I think "Officer C." is male. She hasn't corrected the Santiago, Sanchez switch.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Thank you, Jeanie, for clearing that up. I remembered getting confused about the Carmichaels but wasn't sure which book started the mess.

Okay, now you've got to 'splain the Santiago-Sanchez switch. Did this start with Treachery in Death?

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I had never paid any attention to it. Are the Carmicheals one in the same or different people?

message 6: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson Jonetta wrote: "Thank you, Jeanie, for clearing that up. I remembered getting confused about the Carmichaels but wasn't sure which book started the mess.

Okay, now you've got to 'splain the Santiago-Sanchez swit..."

I think so. she kept calling him "new guy", Santiago partnered with Carmichael. The next book he was still partnered with C. and but was Sanchez.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Dee wrote: "I had never paid any attention to it. Are the Carmicheals one in the same or different people?"

Different people. Seems Robb decided to fix the error by creating a detective and an officer and both seem to be women.

message 8: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Jeanie wrote: "She got so many comments about the mistake, that in one of the later books, she plays it up, complaining about have too many Carmichaels, and keeps having to specify which one she means."

Cute that she did this. LOL!

message 9: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I DID notice that there were two Carmichaels, but I didn't realize it was a mistake. It's funny isn't it? In real life, if there were two Carmichaels, we wouldn't even think twice, because people sometimes have the last names... but in a book? Sticks out like crazy!

I didn't notice the Santiago/Sanchez boo-boo! Oops!

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "I didn't notice the Santiago/Sanchez boo-boo! Oops!"

Very true, Sara. BTW, I didn't notice, either.

message 11: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson She also used the name Carmichael for at a least one bad guy (Promise?) and I think one earlier than that. She must like this name.