Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More! discussion

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
This topic is about Mockingjay
Book Discussions > Mockingjay

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 896 comments Mod
What did you guys think of the book? Share your opinions here, but please hide your spoilers like this (view spoiler)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments I thought it was great up to the ending, and then I was so disappointed. I'm not as mad as I was, but I kind of thought that it was a lousy way to end such a good book and series.

message 3: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yeah, I actually didn't like the whole book very much. I won't read books about wars or anything remotely historical fiction and this seemed very war-y so it didn't much appeal to me. If this had been the first book, I wouldn't have read any more

message 4: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Jun 21, 2012 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments It didn't appeal to me anywhere near as much as the other two. I mainly liked it because there was at least action and the characters that I had come to love still in it (provided they weren't killed off!!!). The change in the characters personalities annoyed me. Granted its kind of a war book, but still, it annoyed me. Overall though, I don't normally finish a book in five hours unless it's riveting enough to hold my attention.

Mara Daisy | 37 comments I liked it, but I found it a bit rushed, especialy the ending. The only thing I liked about it was that (view spoiler) The first book was the best in my opinion.

Gabby | 37 comments Hated it. Sorry I love the first two but I hated this one. It was slow, boring, and (view spoiler) So, my opininon: 2 thunbs down.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Why did you rate it 5 stars then? (view spoiler)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup. He was my favourite character (don't ask why, I really don't know).

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 23, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

♬♥J.J. wrote: "Oh wow why did I? Hmm...

And Finick was my favorite guy character. Prim was my favorite girl character."

Oh wow. That really sucks. Two fave characters die:P I almost hurled the book at the wall when (view spoiler), but I was reading with a booklight really late and would've woken everyone up (it's a small house). GRR!

message 10: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

GUYS please hide your spoilers or don't say them at all

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

We all knew what the spoiler was so we just stopped hiding it. It was all the same. But if a new spoiler comes along I'll hide it.

message 12: by Grace, Head Moderator (last edited Jun 23, 2012 08:01AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

No no no please keep hiding the spoilers because if someone comes into this thread who hasn't read it, it's going to be spoiled for them. PLEASE HIDE ALL SPOILERS. I know nobody likes things to be spoiled for them. So please please please go back and edit your comments and hide the spoilers or I will delete the comments. Please! And I'm really sorry if I sound rude, I'm not trying to be. But I know how it feels for an ending to be spoiled and it's not a great feeling

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

*scary background music*

Sure.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, when I was reading a couple comments about Divergent before I read it, and some didn't put a spoiler when they said (view spoiler) I was seriously ticked off.

message 15: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer (viramage) | 38 comments I loved this book :3 best series I have ever read. I loved her new style of writing it was new to me. Made it more suspenseful. Most depressing book ever, but loved it all the same :) i read it months ago :D

Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Divergent (other topics)