Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What We're Reading > Another new week in June: what's your book?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa What has your attention as you're sitting outside with a cool glass of _________________?

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Prague Fatale is my second Bernie Gunther mystery in about as many weeks. Something about that character is sitting right with me just now. As are large glasses of ice water.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) I am sitting inside with a small glass of Limencello while I finish Case Histories. Up next, is Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking and The Uncoupling.
We are having a few days of rain, so I thought the cordial was a good idea.

message 4: by Melki (new)

Melki I would have been sitting outside with a glass of iced tea, but it rained all freakin' day.

Will be starting Beautiful Ruins as soon as I get off the computer.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Carol wrote: "I am sitting inside with a small glass of Limencello while I finish Case Histories. Up next, is Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking and The Uncoupling.
We are havi..."

Carol, Limencello sounds like the perfect thing to go along with Case Histories.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Vicky wrote: "I just finished An Impartial Witness. I will be starting No Graves As Yet later on. I also have The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency to read.

I am drinking a glass of ice water while surfing the web."

Vicky, I like the Bess Crawford series,but I liked Anne Perry's World War I series even more.

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Melki wrote: "I would have been sitting outside with a glass of iced tea, but it rained all freakin' day.

Will be starting Beautiful Ruins as soon as I get off the computer."

Sorry about all the rain, Melki. I wish you could send some our way. It's been so very dry here.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 95 comments I'm reading Valley of the Dolls. I rarely drink because of my migraines but this book makes me want a chilled glass of something expensive. I am still enjoying a glass of water with lots of crushed ice and fresh Meyer lemon wedges. I also picked up some Band of Brothers books. Reading one by "Wild Bill" Guarmere and "Babe" Heffron. So a little classic trash w my history.

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz I'm currently reading Where the Truth Lies: A Novel. It's supposed to be a bit of a thriller although I haven't gotten far enough into it to see that. But the main character is a journalist writing a biography of one or both of a former showbiz team, who are obviously at least loosely based on Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis. I'm liking it so far. I'm sitting here in the living room which has finally cooled down from the 90-degree day we've had, drinking a chilled glass of Arizona Green Tea.

message 10: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments I'm reading Papillon at the moment and finding it incredibly gripping (lossing a lot of sleep as a result). I've also got Full Dark, No Stars on the go as well just for a bit of variety!

message 11: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Smith The Glass Castle - Pepsi was on sale this week, so I'm indulging. Typically it's tap water, no ice.