René Daumal
This topic is about René Daumal
Adding New Books > Combine edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) Got it. :)

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 3 comments I am a Goodreads librarian, but I have not learned how to combine editions yet. I cataloged George Washington Stepped Here from Heartsong Presents Mysteries by Barbour Publishing before I found an almost duplicate entry. How can I combine these entries please? I don't want to lose my character descriptions. ISBN13 is 9781597895941.
Thank you!
Sharon Troy Centanne
Church Librarian, Grace LCMS Church Library

message 4: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Wait. I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. So you added "George Washington Stepped Here", realized it already existed, and then you want to combine the books. You mean you want to merge (delete) the entry you made but don't want to lose all the characters you inputed. I did get that right, right?

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 3 comments Yes, thank you. I want to keep the best info from both entries. I don't know if this software does that automatically like my genalogy software does. I thought it might give me radio buttons to choose which parts of which entries to keep. Is it just old fashioned cut and paste, or does the computer help? I added the isbn13 from the book and I thought maybe they did combine. But I still see both entries in my "currently reading" section in my profile. I am still reading the book today. I was hoping it would show up on facebook too, with the cover. I would have to scan the cover, but now it is available in the other entry. It is the same book, just another copy. But I do want all the new data, and my review included. Thanks again for your help :)
Sharon

message 6: by Amara (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:49AM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) A) You accidentally put in the ISBN-13 wrong (978159789541 instead of 9781597895941). But even if you had done it right, it wouldn't have merged the books; you would simply have gotten a message that the ISBN-13 was already on another edition.

B) Characters are on automatically attached to all combined editions. You won't lose those if a merge occurs.

C) If your review was attached to the edition that needed to be merged, it would get shifted to the most popular edition when the merge takes place. But that's not an issue here, since your review/rating is already attached to the most complete edition.

D) Merged it. :) Though I don't know when/if it will start showing up properly on Facebook.