Drown Drown discussion

Drown

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Willour I thought Drown was a very interesting book. I am still not sure if all the stories in the book were meant to connect to the same story plot, but I liked it all the same. This makes you think about how difficult it is for immigrants to move to the U.S. and leave their past lives and families back in their home countries. Reading this book has given me greater knowledge as to why people from different countries move to the U.S. to find a better life.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I also thought it was a very interesting book. I definitely thought about how difficult it was for immigrants to try and move to the U.S. The vulgar language really helped me get a real feel of how hard it really was.

message 3: by Crease (new) - added it

Crease Just received this book but it came in glossy paperback instead of hardcover version I ordered. Can someone confirm if there really is no "real" hardcover version? Otherwise Im leaning toward returning.

C.D. Sweitzer Crease wrote: "Just received this book but it came in glossy paperback instead of hardcover version I ordered. Can someone confirm if there really is no "real" hardcover version? Otherwise Im leaning toward ret..."
You may have already returned it by now, but I've never seen a hardback copy of that book. Doesn't really matter as far as the reading goes--once you get into it, you don't pay attention to the cover. I understand that you want to get what you pay for, though.

message 5: by Crease (new) - added it

Crease Thanks C.D. I checked with a friend of mine, freelance writer in Chicago, received confirmation there was never a true hardcover. And I did keep it.

Monty J Heying You have posted your review in the wrong place. This is a discussion forum.

To post a review, click on the book icon, then scroll down to "My Review" and click on "Edit." You can copy and past your review there.

(Some English teacher must have told his class to post a review on Goodreads, because six reviews have suddenly appeared here.)