The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3) The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset question

What is your favourite paragraph from any of the Hunger Games books?
Faye Butler Faye Jun 11, 2012 02:21PM
Personally, I love when they're on the beach in Catching Fire, and it's sort of their last time being together throughout the books (until the end) when they feel true love for each other and they're sharing this one lasst kiss.

"I feel that thing again. The thing I only felt once before. In the cave last year, when I was trying to get Haymitch to send us food. I kissed Peeta about a thousand times during those Games and after. But there was only one kiss that made me feel something stir deep inside. Only one that made me want more. But my head wound started bleeding and he made me lie down.
This time, there is nothing but us to interrupt us. And after a few attempts, Peeta gives up on talking. The sensation inside me grows warmer and spreads out from my chest, down through my body, out along my arms and legs, to the tips of my being."

i think i like the 1 book, it was really good, & hope 2 read the other book,as well 2know what't going 2 be happening later on.

Brooke (last edited Jun 12, 2012 03:49PM ) Jun 12, 2012 03:48PM   0 votes
Mine is definetely the last paragraph of the last chapter (not including to epilogue) of Mockingjay. I've just always loved Peeta from the start, and the ending was perfect and totally made me emotional .. not gonna lie I have this paragraph memorized..:

On the night I feel that thing again, the hunger that overtook me on the beach, I know this would have happened anyway. That what I need to survive is not Gale’s fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.

So after, when he whispers, “You love me. Real or not real?”

I tell him, “Real.”

aahhh i dont even know what else to say ... love this book more than words can describe..

Meagin my fav one too!!!!! sooo sweet
Jun 20, 2012 11:11AM · flag

Hai (last edited Jun 12, 2012 03:50PM ) Jun 12, 2012 03:43PM   0 votes
"Bye Rue," I whisper. I press the three middle fingers of my left hand against my lips and hold them out in her direction. Then I walk away without looking back.

The birds fall silent. Somewhere, a mocking-jay gives the warning whistle that precedes the hovercraft. I don't know how it knows. It must hear things that humans can't. I pause, my eyes focused on what's ahead, not what's happening behind me. It doesn't take long, then the general birdsong begins again and I know she's gone.

Another mocking-jay, a young one by the look of it, lands on a branch before me and bursts out Rue's melody. My song, the hovercraft, were too unfamiliar for this novice to pick up, but it had mastered her handful of notes. The ones that mean she's safe.

"Good and safe," I say as I pass under its branch. "We don't have to worry about her now." Good and safe.

"Prim!" The strangled cry comes out of my throat, and my muscles begin to move again. "Prim!" I don't need to shove through the crowd. The other kids make way immediately allowing me a straight path to the stage. I reach her just as she is about to mount the steps. With one sweep of my arm, I push her behind me.
" I volunteer!" I gasp. " I volunteer as tribute!"

I love this part of the book, because it is exactly what I would do for my twin brother, if there was a huunger games.

Life Saver 27 That part of the book always makes me cry! I watched the movie 2 times and couldn't resits my tears every time when this scene happened. ...more
Jun 26, 2012 10:05PM

deleted member Jun 11, 2012 03:37PM   0 votes
I loved the first one the best. The second was really good too. The thrid made me cry. It was good but not as amazing as the others.

Faye wrote: "Personally, I love when they're on the beach in Catching Fire, and it's sort of their last time being together throughout the books (until the end) when they feel true love for each other and they'..."

yeah love this one too .. basically goes hand in hand with mine , haha