The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Canada!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (last edited Jan 08, 2009 05:11PM) (new)

Katie I'm Kate from Guelph, Ontario. I'm pretty open minded and will read just about anything. I'm currently about halfway through The Accidental by Ali Smith. I'm enjoying it very much so far. Before this I finished Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. Loved it!

This is a great site so far (just joined yesterday). I'm looking forward to chatting with people and, of course, all of the reading I will be doing!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sbranson05) | 556 comments Welcome! You're going to love GR and especially TNBBC - I am addicted to checking updates. I could be readin much more if I could tear myself away from GR, but I'm addicted. :)

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Welcome Kate! GR is highly addictive and TNBBC just makes things worse. But we're all very open minded here and we all have different tastes in books as well as sharing many.

You'll notice that books tend to spread around here like a common cold, so be careful you don't catch something!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9861 comments Mod
Hi Kate.
You certainly joined a great group. We are all supportive of each others current reads and are always recommending great new books to one another.....

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome. We're glad to have you in the group Kate.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Kate! As the others have said TNBBC is very addicting but you'll love it for sure!

message 7: by Petra-X (new)

Petra-X (mona-lisa-with-eggs) Hi there Kate. Welcome :-)

message 8: by dara (new)

dara Welcome. :) Oryx and Crake is rather high up on my to-read list. Discovering Atwood, after all, played a part in my renewed interest in reading.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

message 10: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Kate!

message 11: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Kate, welcome and happy reading!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Kate! Hope you enjoy here, and have good craic reading!

message 13: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Kate, Welcome to the group!!!

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) Hi Kate :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Kate!

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Welcome Kate!

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!