Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 11?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1002 comments I'm reading Elizabeth Boyle's new title; Along Came a Duke.

message 2: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
Finally, internet access! O.o I'm starting this week with Howl by Jody Morse and Jayme Morse.

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
I just finished an ARC of At Last by Jill Shalvis. It was great. I'm enjoying this latest batch of Lucky Harbor stories.

message 4: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Trying Jean brashear....because of janga of course!

message 5: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Aubrey (brennaaubrey) I'm reading A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare.

message 6: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I hope you like Brashear, Debbie.

I read Debbie Macomber's The Inn at Rose Harbor today. It was a sweet read, but I was surprised that it was set in Cedar Cove. I was expecting a totally new series since this is her first book with her new publishers.

I also recently did a quick reread of Mariah Stewart's Mercy Street books after reading her latest Chesapeake Diaries book in which the heroine is the wedding planner for Susannah and Robert's wedding. I love the main Mercy Street characters, but I remembered why I wasn't wild about the books. I'm a wimpy reader, and I just didn't like all those kids being killed, especially in the second book.

message 7: by Okie (new)

I'm starting on Johanna Lindsay's- Let Love Find You and a YA by Michelle Zink- A Temptation Of Angels.

message 8: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Aubrey (brennaaubrey) Finished A LADY BY MIDNIGHT! Moving on to Master and Commander by Patrick O'brien.

message 9: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Reading lots of Reavis and Brashear backlist. Wow how did I miss them?

message 10: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Janga wrote: "I also recently did a quick reread of Mariah Stewart's Mercy Street books after reading her latest Chesapeake Diaries book in which the heroine is the wedding planner for Susannah and Robert's wedding. I love the main Mercy Street characters, but I remembered why I wasn't wild about the books. I'm a wimpy reader, and I just didn't like all those kids being killed, especially in the second book."

I'm really missing Stewart's romantic suspense books, Janga. Though I'm excited to hear about the Mercy Street connection to the Chesapeake series. I loved the Mercy Street books, but the Susannah/Robert storyline was more compelling to me than the mysteries. I'll check out the new one.

I just finished an ARC of Toni Blake's WILLOW SPRINGS, which was wonderful. It's loosely tied to Jane Austen's Emma, which made it a lot of fun for me.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1002 comments Brenna wrote: "I'm reading A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare."

That will not come out until August 28! How did you get it so early?

message 12: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I am halfway through Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and I am really enjoying it so far. Thanks for Okie and Cindy telling me it was a good one!

message 13: by Okie (new)

yay, Kasey! i'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm really looking forward to book 2 :) btw, how was your SF trip?

message 14: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Okie, it is going well. I am heading back tomorrow. I am just taking the morning easy today though and catching up on some online stuff since my sister is at your conference meetings.