Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: General / Housekeeping > How do you know you are a Book Addict?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ~ How do you know you are a Book Addict? ~

[image error]

Just a running thread of signs and symptoms that you are a Book Addict...

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:51AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know I'm a BA because even when I go grocery shopping I always go down the book aisle.

message 3: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I know I'm a book addict, because when stopped at a red light, I think I could read a few quick sentences! And Lisa Kay, before my nook - I always went down the book aisle as well.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I still go down that aisle, Leslie, and I just got a Kindle Fire. LOL! Think I will taper off now, it is still pretty new to me.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know I'm a BA because I sleep with my books in the bed with me. Usually more than one. ☺

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:20AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Josephine wrote: "When you have to have every book by every favorite author that you read."

Yes, I do that. It is like a compulsion. Like I'm missing out on something really big that sustains me.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, me too! It is like a second home.

message 8: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Because I pick out purses based on how many books I can fit in them!

At least I did before I got my iPad!

message 9: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I know I'm a BA because even when I go grocery shopping I
always
go down the book aisle."

Yep! I tell the little one, 'You know mommy has to look!'

Lisa Kay wrote: "~ How do you know you are a Book Addict? ~

Just a running thread of signs and symptoms that you are a Book Addict..."

The picture? Perfect! That's me for sure.

I know I'm a book addict because whenever I get any spare change I scrimp and scrounge it up to go Goodwill book hunting, even though I know I don't necessarily need any more books...

message 10: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I still go down that aisle, Leslie, and I just got a Kindle Fire. LOL! Think I will taper off now, it is still pretty new to me."

I look at books on the shelves with my nook in hand, and then find them and add them as samples. I still like to look at the books on the shelves, though! Having my nook made me twice as big a book addict! I'm a book addict hoarder.

message 11: by Lina (last edited Jun 11, 2012 06:13PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I know I'm a book addict because when I go to a new friends' home for the first time, I'll have a look through their bookshelves before I look through their photos :-) (so maybe I'm a book addict ANDa busybody, lol!

message 12: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments You read while you walk somewhere... occasionally bump into things too!

message 13: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Gisela wrote: "You read while you walk somewhere... occasionally bump into things too!"

LMAO, I used to do that ALL the time!

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yeah, Leslie, I don't think I'll completely ignore the book aisle in the grocery store. I'm with Josephine; I still want to see the covers and read the backs.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments CaroB wrote: "I know I'm a book addict because when I go to a new friends' home for the first time, I'll have a look through their bookshelves before I look through their photos :-) (so maybe I'm a book addict AND a busybody, lol!..."

LMBO! Oh, CaroB! I've missed you!

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments CaroB wrote: "Gisela wrote: "You read while you walk somewhere... occasionally bump into things too!"

LMAO, I used to do that ALL the time!"

CaroB & Gisela!! Me too!

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments I think the biggest sign that I'm a book addict is the fact that I continue to buy more books even though my TBR pile is a mile long.

message 18: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Jenny wrote: "I think the biggest sign that I'm a book addict is the fact that I continue to buy more books even though my TBR pile is a mile long."

I know!!! I just can't seem to stop myself Jenny... and all the freebies you put out for us are enabling our addictions, lol! (not that I'm complaining, I love it!)

message 19: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Josephine wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I think the biggest sign that I'm a book addict is the fact that I continue to buy more books even though my TBR pile is a mile long."

How true that is....I've had a nook for the 2 y..."

I have the opposite problem - I have paperbacks and now I want them on my nook. I'm trying to figure out a way to justify the money! Unfortunately, the used bookstore in town only gives credit.
True story - when I was in 6th grade, I went to class and was reading a book before it started. Class started and then the bell sounded and class was over and kids are walking out. They had taken a test and I had never noticed. The test paper was sitting upside down on my desk. Never heard a thing.

Now the rule is no cell phones at the table, in my house growing up, it was no books at the table.

message 20: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Leslie wrote: "Josephine wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I think the biggest sign that I'm a book addict is the fact that I continue to buy more books even though my TBR pile is a mile long."

How true that is....I've had ..."

I'm like you Leslie. I'm slowly converting my "keeper" shelf of books into epub and mobi files as time and money allows.

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Mikusinsi (abghostwriter) | 1 comments I have two overflowing bookshelves of books I've not begun to read. On the floor next to one of them, is a stack of books I've borrowed from the library.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yes, I have a several stacks on the floor I need to get to... ran out of room on the bookshelves.

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know I'm a BA b/c I have all library hours/schedules posted in the Notes apps of my iPod/Touch... and it is the only note I have in there. LOL!

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) I know I am a book addict when I keep acquiring new free books everyday when my kindle cloud already has 5000 books in it ☺

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LOL!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.